Simple Path to Losing Weight for Me

Options
pfcpat2
pfcpat2 Posts: 1 Member
I started out using a two shake a day high protein diet. I soon got bored with shakes and learned how to keep on a high protein diet using other fòods. I also try to keep à healthy balance of carbohydrates and fats. I have a friend who is good at knowing how to teach me simple things to cook and àbout the calories in certain foods. Starting out was quite hard and stressful for me because I knew nothing about dieting and calories. As I learneď, things got easier for me. My nutritionist recommended I use Fitness Pal and it has been a tremendous help to me!! I keep myself accountable by putting a sticker on my wall calendar for each day I stick to the diet. Starting out, I went to see a nutritionist. She helped by giving me guidelines to aim for in dieting. I can also call her with question, for free, as I go along. Dieting gets easier the longer I do it. If I go out to eat, I try to eat responsibly. I have only done this once in 100 days since I started my diet. So far in 100 days, I've lost 37 lbs!! I plan to lose at least 100 lbs, and would like to lose 25 more, if possible. I started out weighing about 280 lbs and I'm only 5 feet 1 inch tall! I started the diet because I needed knee replacement surgery and the orthopedist would not operate unless I lost 100 lbs! This motivated me to start the diet. I know he doesn't think I'll do it. Boy, is he ever going to be surprised!! Now, I'm motivated by the weight loss that I've already been able to achieve! I love the way I feel, both physically and mentally! I was on oxygen because the fat put pressure on my lungs and wouldn't let them fully inflate. I no longer have to use oxygen and I'm thrilled to be liberated from the oxygen lines and tanks! I am also walking easier and seem to have a more positive and up beat attitude. I have no illusions that when I've achieved my weight loss goals, it will be easy to maintain my new weight. I know I'll have to be vigilant and still watch what I eat. This will have to be a lifelong thing but I want to live a long life and the weight was going to shorten it. Already my heart was being affected as well as being pre-diabetic. My knees were also taking a lot of punishment because of the weight. I also had to take blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds. I'm still taking all my meds but there may be a day when I either won't need them or can lower the doses. I went and had blood tests at 25 lbs to make sure I was doing OK on the diet. I'll check back with my doctor when I've lost 50 lbs. I am so glad I'm doing this! I don't get tempted too much to eat like I used to. I have had dreams about buying a big bag of Cheetos and gobbling them down! Lol!! I have very supportive friends who are proud of me and constantly tell me this! One friend rewards me with a movie or some other gift when I reach a milestone in my weight loss! I feel very fortunate to have lost this much weight so far. I've lost weight in spite of not being to exercise much with my legs. I try though to exercise my upper body every day. I use resistance bands and do chair exercises. I also have to take meds for another condition that causes weight gain. I thought it was hopeless to try to lose weight because of those meds and because of my inactivity. I was wrong! It takes me longer to lose weight, but it's slow and gradual. I eat a 1200 calories per day diet. It's working! I couldn't be happier!

Replies

• JudyKenova175
    JudyKenova175 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! What an encouragement it is to see how well you are doing. Keep going and you will meet your goals. You've got a whole new life waiting for you!
  • goofylove89
    goofylove89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well done. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Forschlerla
    Forschlerla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Congratulations keep up the good work!!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep going! :) You're going to get there before you know it with an amazing attitude like yours! :)
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work and success so far :) As I was reading your post, I noticed so many things we have in common. Just want you to know that you are not alone in this struggle. Mine may be a little different in some ways, but we are still in the same fight. If you should like to have another friend that can relate to you, please send me a request :) Keep up all your good works on yourself, my friend :)
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic!! Keep it up - your positive attitude is the key! You can do this.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Impressive how you did the hard work to change and you are getting it done, taking your health back. Keep it up..you're amazing.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What a great post! You have a fantastic attitude and I loved reading about your wonderful friends who are supporting you. Thanks for sharing such a positive and impressive story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!