Polar watch!

Options
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a polar watch, who here recommends it?

Replies

• katashaaa
    katashaaa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have the pink FT4, I've never had any problems with it, it's easy to use and I use it as my everyday watch as well as for exercise. But I know a lot of people love the Fitbit, a couple of my friends have Fitbit and they say they are amazing, I guess it's what you would like to spend money on, I opted for polar as it was cheaper and I don't feel I do enough exercise to justify paying for a Fitbit. Hope this helps a bit!
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a polar and I love it. I know my workout calorie counts are much less (and occasionally higher) than the ones offered on MFP, so I am able to make better decisions about my diet.
  • pansamanchada
    pansamanchada Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My 6 yr old HRM ceased yesterday so I'm on the market for one myself. I'll do some research. And I'll let you know my pick.
    How much is your budget?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm using the new A360 wrist based HRM by Polar and I really like it. No chest strap! Reminds me to get up every 55 minutes. Accurate enough for my purposes. Tracks my steps. Tracks my restful sleep. Battery lasts me about a week (I don't use the phone type features on it). Easy to use and looks very nice with different colored bands. Pricey option!
  • ivetteu87
    ivetteu87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    katashaaa wrote: »
    I have the pink FT4, I've never had any problems with it, it's easy to use and I use it as my everyday watch as well as for exercise. But I know a lot of people love the Fitbit, a couple of my friends have Fitbit and they say they are amazing, I guess it's what you would like to spend money on, I opted for polar as it was cheaper and I don't feel I do enough exercise to justify paying for a Fitbit. Hope this helps a bit!

• ivetteu87
    ivetteu87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your reply!
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have the A360 since christmas and I love it..you choose weather to use a chest band or not and it remind me to move and also what I have to do to reach my goal.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 (I think)...cannot go wrong with Polar. I also have a Fitbit Flex that does not have a built-in HRM. The Fitbit is good for all day/night tracking and is great for determining your daily overall calorie burn, but is only good for step based exercise. A HRM is good for other activity, and not good for an all day energy expenditure. I currently can't exercise but when I did I wore the Polar when I was exercising and the Fitbit 24/7. Fitbit makes model now with a built in HRM, but for HRM tracking I think the Polar with a chest strap would be more accurate overall. So it depends in what you want a monitor for...to me an HRM like Polar an activity tracker like Fitbit are two completely different tools.