Hi

rakers1
rakers1 Posts: 1
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone... I am just getting started. Today I am already over on calaries... but I did not know I was going to actually begin to change my life today. I am excited and nervous.

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!
    I've only been here a week.
    Feel free to add me.
  • Congrats on starting to make a positive difference! My daughter and I use this program and find it very helpful. I wish you much success : )
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    It just takes a little work on your part. My advice is educate yourself on healthy eating. Look online for healthy recipes and read lables! Buy a food scale and watch portions. Limit processed and fast foods. Cook fresh Veggies and Meats. Eat whole grain Low carb Low Cal Breads and Pasta. Fresh Fruits. Did I say watch Portions. In the beginning it will be hard to get over cravings. But if you stick with it you will. Don't drink your calories. Did I say watch portions. Oh and watch portions.
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    WELCOME! and GOOD LUCK! we're all here for ya! !
  • CindyWho4
    CindyWho4 Posts: 9
    Hi! Welcome to the ONE THING that has ever lasted for me. I'm just past 20 days with MFP, and had never made it a week before with any other program/app/group. For me, the calories were a hard thing to balance at first. But by the end of the first week, it was much easier, and now, I already know what I can eat or cannot eat without logging it all first. This has definitely been a lifestyle change for me, not a diet. Good luck to you!!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Hi there and welcome,
    Tomorrow is a new day, and you can start fresh
    don't worry about today, finish it out as healthy as possible

You'll find wonderful support and motivation here, feel free
    to add me, my daughter and I are taking this journey together.

Good luck in meeting all of your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    It is good to have a base line day or week, it helps you understand where all the calories are going and on what.

I discovered that, me bread and cheese of any kind where really good friends, to the point that I doubled my food intake.

This site is the best tool I have found to track what you are upto, and to spot changes you can make.:smile:
  • chylom
    chylom Posts: 48 Member
    Its ok . Helps you learn more about your eating habits. Its a real eye opener. Just make sure to log EVERYTHING. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 527 Member
    If you are over your calories, you can always exercise to burn off those calories. Good Luck and Welcome to the site!
  • Good luck Rakers!
    Just remember that every good change in life must have a start. Always keep the finish line in sight.
This discussion has been closed.