STAY AT HOME MOM TRYING TO GET FIT

Options
So I just recently decided to turn my life around and start being more active because I started realizing that the least I do the more tired I feel. So if I'm going to feel tired either way then I rather have it be because I'm staying active. I also want to do it for my daughter, so I can run around with her and have a blast together. Is there any mommies out there that can help with some tips and advice on how to get started with a new fit life and a baby? ;)

Replies

• kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I work out at home now, but when the kids were little I took them to the Y because they would keep them for up to 2 hours and I could work out and get this .... SHOWER! It was awesome.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yep, gym with babysitting. Lifesaver.
  • Fitnesslady76
    Fitnesslady76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cindy,

I'm a stay at home mom (and I also work part time from home) with a 3 y/o, 2 y/o and 8 month old. I found that working out in 10 minute increments throughout the day helped me. If that's your first baby, you might not be ready to leave him/her with a babysitter yet; so go ahead and workout from home. I do Youtube videos, Studio Sweat on Demand, Daily Burn and my own workouts.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did most of my exercising while the little one napped. (treadmill, elliptical, and Youtube videos) Now he's almost 3 and there are no more naps and it's harder to exercise. lol But during the journey, I'm glad I was not working because I was really able to focus on the food prepping, food logging and the exercise while loving my little one to pieces.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy, I am currently a stay at home mom. I am also trying to be fit again. Let's be friends and support each other. :)
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How old is your baby? Get a pushchair and go out for a walk with the baby every day. I'm a SAHM and don't always have the time or motivation to go to a gym or whatever but I have two kids, 3 and 6, so as long as the weather is nice (I live in the UK) I do the school run on foot and get my exercise in that way. Little and often :smile:
  • kirstylouisesquire
    kirstylouisesquire Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do my exercises with me kids they get involved even tho it can be a nightmare some times but my lil girl is at school normally n I try to do it when my lil boy goes sleep