Being fat for the first time. Horrified

Options
erzsebetba
erzsebetba Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 170 and my scale showed 75kg just a couple of days ago. I suffer from allergies and take hormone pills, so I retain water every spring and summer... but this is a disaster! It's been 3 or 4 days since I'm on a diet. I'm trying to limit my calorie intake up to 1200 (temporary, of course). I've been feeling constant hunger all my life. Now my stomach is growling furiously. I give it enough food and lots of water, but it keeps complaining. Even though I look my best at 62-64 kg, I've set a goal of 59. To keep me moving and not saying "nah, I'm close enough, no need to suffer any more ". I was looking very good (and still slim) even when I was 67kg, but I want to weigh less so that I'll be far enough from my current status .
So yeah, that's me - a woman discovering age and extra weight. I lost like 1,5 kg in the last 2 days, but it's water. I'm afraid to check the scale tomorrow morning. I'll be afraid to try on my older jeans for the next couple of weeks, for sure. Despite my height and weight, I look rather small, so I can't wear baggy clothes. I have to lose some weight and I'm onto it.

Replies

• kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hang on you will get where you want to be eat healthy
  • umsaleh411
    umsaleh411 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're in this together. I have a similar weight loss goal. Congratulations on doing so well so far.
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be suffering because you are making healthy changes!
  • erzsebetba
    erzsebetba Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have always eaten healthy and a lot. Till the winter, I never ate sweets (didn't like them), I never drink soft drinks, don't eat junk or fried food, I don't like bread, pancakes, etc. My mom once told me, once you pass 30, it will be very hard to stay slim. Now I see she was right :)))
    I have to live with the fact that I can't eat as much as I want any more. I am no longer a skiny constant eater. It's just so hard to feel such hunger all the time! Once I come back to my normal weight, I'll have to keep the new habit of eating less. Let's hope I'll get used to it.

Thanks for your support girls!