Calories from my fitbit

NotGoingDown90
NotGoingDown90 Posts: 22 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So i tried synching my fitbit zip to myfitnesspal and it gave me 800 calories more as exercise calories. Is this right because it seems way too much? I do anywhere from 10k-22k steps everyday but i set myfitnesspal to 1200 calories and i put sedetary when i calculated my calories which i am upping soon to 1400. Should i just remove my fitbit from the app to avoid confusion? Thanks

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    No it doesn't seem like too much. You're getting a huge adjustment because you've listed yourself as sedentary when you very well aren't. I use the same settings. I'm 5'3" and 111 pounds and I get 600 to 1100 extra calories per day depending on how much I've done which is usually a 30 to 60 minute workout and 15 to 25K steps including an hour+ walk at 4mph. I haven't gained any weight eating my calories back, but I use a food scale. You can start by eating 50 to 75% back and reevaluate after a few weeks depending on how much you've lost.
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    If you're up over 20k steps, that sounds about right (that's around what I get at 74kg), I'd eat them, especially if you've got your activity set to sedentary. I eat back all my Fitbit calories and lose at the rate I'm expecting. MFP has taken the deficit you need to lose weight into account, so extra calories from exercise should be eaten back. Some people start off by eating back half until they've calibrated a bit.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited May 2016
    I have the fitbit zip as well, on Wednesday I did 23,888 steps and got an extra 1,015 calories synced over to mfp. I still have trouble wrapping my head around earning that many calories from just walking..

I'm set at sedentary and 147lbs, 5"8
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited May 2016
    I get 500 cals for 5 miles/10k steps.

I also put my fitbit on my non-dominant hand and I make sure the app settings reflect that. This way, it doesn't count accidental steps. I guess with a zip you don't have to worry about that.
  • NotGoingDown90
    NotGoingDown90 Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you all for your replies. I was really confused but now I will for sure up my calorie intake a little bit