low cal pizza

Options
lolowink
lolowink Posts: 18
Saw this in a recent Self magazine:

whole wheat tortilla (crust)
1/4 cup-1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup cheese (use low fat for less calories)
vegetables (I've used slices of tomato and eggplant)

Preheat oven to 400. Put sauce, veggies, cheese on tortilla and put in over for about 5 minutes. Remove from over and put fresh greens, such as spinach or arugula, on top.

Enjoy!

Replies

• sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I find the Dr. Oetker pizzas low calorie already. Easy to make also.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    because i have a gluten intolerance, i actually make mini pizzas in portobello mushroom caps. they.are.awesome.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I found one on TLCs website for bagel pizza, i got everything at the store yesterday, i'm excited to see how they taste this week
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Preheat oven to 400. Put sauce, veggies, cheese on tortilla and put in over for about 5 minutes. Remove from over and put fresh greens, such as spinach or arugula, on top.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much. Love me some pizza. Any idea of the calorie count on this?
  • blm625
    blm625 Posts: 33
    Options
    bagle pizza's that sounds sooo yummy I might have to try that tonight!
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    bump thanks!
  • frainfam
    frainfam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome!
  • traymast
    traymast Posts: 23
    Options
    MMMM I'm gonna try those! Mushroom Cap Pizza's...I guess I don't know how to respond to a post LOL
  • lolowink
    lolowink Posts: 18
    Options

Enjoy!

Thank you so much. Love me some pizza. Any idea of the calorie count on this?

It all depends on what you buy. My tortillas were 130 cals. The sauce was 50 for a 1/2 cup, but I definitely didn't use that much. The cheese I used wasn't low-fat, so it was 110 for 1/4 cup. Veggies on top are negligible usually, so I'd say about anywhere between 260-280ish sounds right.
  • KwilsonStPeteFL
    KwilsonStPeteFL Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! That sounds delicious.
  • sarad777
    Options
    How big are these pizzas? Not sure that would be a big enough meal for me. I'd likely eat 4 of them. :-)
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The bagel piizas i made were super yummy, i had both halves and they were pretty filling, I'm gonna add more to them next time
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey, through some pepperoni, extra cheese, and about half a pig on there, and it might be alright! (kidding, mostly)
  • sarad777
    Options
    Hey, through some pepperoni, extra cheese, and about half a pig on there, and it might be alright! (kidding, mostly)

Ha ha! That's what I was thinking.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    bump for later.
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe for a lower calorie Pepperoni Pizza. I eat two of these with a side and am satisfied. I call it a wholesome Pizza even though it's not super low cal.

Manischewitz - Whole Wheat Matza, 1 Matza (28g) 110 23 1 4 0 3
    00% Natural Tomato Paste No Salt Added, 2 tbsp (33g) 30 6 0 1 15 2
    Turkey Pepperoni 70% Less Fat, 8 slices 35 1 2 5 190 0
    Fancy Mozzarella Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Cheese, 1/8 cup (28g) 40 1 3 4 85 0
    Garlic Powder (Spice), 0.0625 tsp 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Italian Seasoning - Dried Basil, Thyme, and Oregano blend - to taste - 0 calories

Mix the garlic powder and Italian seasonings into the tomato paste. Spread paste over the Matza. Add 8 slices of pepperoni to each Matza and then sprinkly cheese over. Cook until cheese is melted and browned either in toaster oven or under broiler, ~ 5 minutes.

Prep time - 10 min; Cook time - 5 min

Calories - 217; Carbs - 31; Fat - 6, Protein - 14, Sodium - 290, Fiber - 5
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat english muffins as crust. 450, 8 minutes. Even my kids love them. Toast them first if you like crispier crust.