1400 calories a day

Options
areliclaro
areliclaro Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I have been using mfp for a little over a month now, and I'm happy to say logging has helped me loose weight. Before mfp I had never counted calories. I have eaten 1400 calories a day for the last 35 days and I have lost 5 lbs. When I decided to start counting calories I weighed 147, and now I weigh 142lb. I am 5'6 tall. I had the opportunity to go to a wellness center, and have my body fat percentage calculated, and also my resting metabolic rate. Based on my RMR I was advised to eat the 1400 calories a day. So far it's working out for me. My goal is to be 130lbs. I am not exercising at all, but I think it's time for me to step it up a notch. Need motivation to start working out. I feel that if I can just start working out the weight will come off faster. Any tips are appreciated.

Replies

• teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Do exercise you love to do first. I started with cycling and football. Then someone said weight training was the quickest way to lose weight so I started that. Lastly I tried running. 6 months on MFP and I've lost 40 lbs
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Start slowly and increase time and intensity when the routine becomes too easy.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Somebody on another thread mentioned https://www.fitnessblender.com/