Looking for Insanity partners

Options

Replies

• Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Really struggled this week but I have made it to 2 body pump classes this week. I just finished my absolute favorite--pure cardio. I'm a little behind but I am thinking of skipping the fit test next week to help get caught back up. I am trying to incorporate strength training either at home with weights or with body pump 3 times a week as well. It's hard to find a balance with work as well but I'm getting there.
  • cardertaxidermy
    cardertaxidermy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Plyometric Cardio Curcuit is Done and I am officially done month 1. I am very proud for sticking with it. I've been having a little trouble with my right knee and above my ankle. Hoping with rest tomorrow and Advil I can get it better. Not sure how hard recovery week is.

Congrats everyone for finishing another week.
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Proud of all of you!
    I just completed week1 of Month 2 and boy was it rough. I wasnt sure about the extra lengths of each DVD and if I had the time. Luckily I did. I did not even think about the 1min bonuses after the 3rd circuits this week. I used that time to recover.

I have my net calories at 1550/day but eat on avg 1800-1900. MFP says 1800 for current weight set at sedinary. But I am not losing a lot of weight but I know my body is changing. (Down 5lbs) I am now back wearing my 32 pants (34s were tight 6weeks ago) . I wonder if muscle is offsetting fat? Is that even possible?
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    billutzman wrote: »
    Proud of all of you!
    I just completed week1 of Month 2 and boy was it rough. I wasnt sure about the extra lengths of each DVD and if I had the time. Luckily I did. I did not even think about the 1min bonuses after the 3rd circuits this week. I used that time to recover.

I have my net calories at 1550/day but eat on avg 1800-1900. MFP says 1800 for current weight set at sedinary. But I am not losing a lot of weight but I know my body is changing. (Down 5lbs) I am now back wearing my 32 pants (34s were tight 6weeks ago) . I wonder if muscle is offsetting fat? Is that even possible?

Glad to hear that you survived W1M2. I am excited yet scared for it.

• cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Today is Rest day. I need it. I have been having the slightest pain in my right leg above my ankle this week. I am hoping a day off will help. I know I am in recovery week this week but doesnt sound like you actually recover LOL.

Happy Mothers Day!!!!!
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Where is everyone????? I did my first day of recovery week today. What about everyone else????
  • MWGemini
    MWGemini Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I had to skip most of the workouts from the last two weeks due to a neck injury (unrelated to Insanity), so I pushed things back a little bit. I'm planning to do my final fitness test tomorrow, and then start P90X on Monday of next week.

How were your arms at the end of the recovery workout?
  • Ewestlu
    Options
    Where is everyone????? I did my first day of recovery week today. What about everyone else????

How did you like it?

I am finishing up week 2 tomorrow!

• MWGemini
    Options
    I just finished my final fitness test for Insanity. My counts were anywhere from 133% to 242% of what they were at the beginning. Considering that I had to skip out on most of the workouts from the final two weeks, I'm fairly happy with that. My body composition also changed- 137.4lbs, 7.1% body fat, 48% muscle at the end, compared to 142.0lbs, 8.0% body fat, 47.5% muscle at the beginning (and I was not trying to lose weight, just a little body fat). I have visibly better definition in my abs and shoulders, but just slightly. It's much more noticeable if I'm flexing. I was actually hoping for better results on the body composition side of things, but I'll blame that on my nutrition and not on Insanity. Would've been nice if the program had a little less emphasis on legs and more on core and upper body, but my runs have definitely gotten significantly better in the last two months. I shaved about 14 minutes off my 12 mile time, which is a huge improvement for me.
  • Ewestlu
    Options
    MWGemini wrote: »
    I just finished my final fitness test for Insanity. My counts were anywhere from 133% to 242% of what they were at the beginning. Considering that I had to skip out on most of the workouts from the final two weeks, I'm fairly happy with that. My body composition also changed- 137.4lbs, 7.1% body fat, 48% muscle at the end, compared to 142.0lbs, 8.0% body fat, 47.5% muscle at the beginning (and I was not trying to lose weight, just a little body fat). I have visibly better definition in my abs and shoulders, but just slightly. It's much more noticeable if I'm flexing. I was actually hoping for better results on the body composition side of things, but I'll blame that on my nutrition and not on Insanity. Would've been nice if the program had a little less emphasis on legs and more on core and upper body, but my runs have definitely gotten significantly better in the last two months. I shaved about 14 minutes off my 12 mile time, which is a huge improvement for me.

Wow! Those results are awesome! Especially the run... That's a huge improvement!
  • Ewestlu
    Options
    Pure cardio today to finish up week 2!
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Day two of recovery week. I couldn't bring myself to do the same video two days in a row so I did pure cardio and cardio abs I will return to recovery video tomorrow might only do the recovery video every other day with videos in between I get bored easy. I'm not saying the recovery video is boring just that I don't like doing the same video two days in a row.
  • billutzman
    Options
    Still here. This week is week 2 of month 2. So far this week I did a lot better than last week. This week is a rough week to find time though with work being so busy. Max Interval Circuit is the absolute hardest workout period.
  • nitesky83
    nitesky83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Today was week 4, day 4. A lot more definition to my body. I went to the gym and shaved off 3 mins off my mile run lol
  • kvwalton30
    kvwalton30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    billutzman wrote: »
    Still here. This week is week 2 of month 2. So far this week I did a lot better than last week. This week is a rough week to find time though with work being so busy. Max Interval Circuit is the absolute hardest workout period.

Yes - totally - Max Interval Circuit is unbelievable! I got to 23 mins to go this morning and I was ready to collapse! Made it though and felt great but I can't imagine anyone would find that easy!
  • billutzman
    Options
    Today was supposed to be recovery day, I ended up doing max cardio conditioning and cardio abs and will do recovery tomorrow. I did this to punish myself for eating a dairyqueen twist cone at lunch today.
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    I did cardio Power and Resistance today. I can not make myself do the same video for 6 days. Probably going to do Plyometric tomorrow and then take 2 rest days because I will be gone the weekend. Monday will be the beginning of 4 weeks of hell. LOL. I am sure I will love every sweaty, breathless minute of it.
  • MWGemini
    Options
    It's definitely a step up when you hit the 2nd month. Workouts become about an hour long instead of about 40-45 minutes long, and there's more plyometric upper body stuff. There's actually some pretty fun new exercises in the 2nd month, but there's also stuff that goes away. I think the butt kicks are removed during the 2nd month (I think they were a big factor in my run speed increase, so I kinda liked them), and a few others as well that I can't think of at the moment.
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    I am so excited to start month 2 on Monday. I can't do my videos today due to being out of town. I plan on getting some swimming and walking in. Tomorrow is rest day anyway so that's not a big deal. I doubt I will do the fitness test on Monday. Probably skipping that and just doing the video. Hard enough to fit in an hour.
  • saudifitgirl
    saudifitgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in month 2 week1 it's harder than month 1