Weight loss has stalled

Options
I have been consuming the same calorie intake for the past 8 month. I had a baby 9 months ago and weighed 11st 7lb and I am now 8st 2lb. I am 5'1. For the past month I haven't lost a single lb. I am eating the same, weigh food ect, so I am convinced it's just a weight plateau. It's getting very frustrating so I am wondering if anyone would suggest if I tried slim fast for a few weeks to trying and get the last 9lb off? My goal weight is 7st 7lb. I am going to be upping my exercise by half an hour too. Do you think slim fast will help kick start my weight loss sgsin? Downing my calories by 100 isn't really advisable considering I am already eating between 800-1200.

Thanks

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    are you breastfeeding your little one? If so no to slimfast. have patience.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little, how tall are you? 800-1200 calories for a women running around after a 6 month old is not enough, your health has to be your first priority.
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree you're eating too little I wouldn't go below 1200 or your body will try to store fat because it's not getting enough nutrients. Weigh everything and keep eating healthy
  • Day_knee
    Day_knee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree you're eating too little I wouldn't go below 1200 or your body will try to store fat because it's not getting enough nutrients. Weigh everything and keep eating healthy

That is actually, not true. Her body won't store fat. If you are eating at a calorie deficit then you will lose weight. IF you eat less than 1200 you will lose weight. However less than 1200 is not healthy. In either case, won't store fat. If it did then there would never be a worry about all those starving people in various countries. How do you explain that they are literally starving and wasting away.