New. Not sure on calorie intake.

Options
LoudIvory
LoudIvory Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I've decided to eat healthier and be more active recently, but im not sure on my calorie intake.

I dont really want to lose weight per say but there is some fat i want to get rid of and muscle i want to gain. I weigh about 111 lbs right now and i've always been on the small size but i have like zero muscle. I was just wondering how many calories i would need in a day? This just worries me because i dont want to under eat and feel fatigued. Should i take in more calories since im exercising more or less since im trying to get rid of some of my extra fat as well?I know this probably has to do with what I eat as well. And im trying to make more of my meals instead of eating out all the time.

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to maintain your weight and eat exercise cals. If you begin to lose weight then adjust goals to gain .5 lbs a week.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Remember to focus on strength training exercises. While you can indeed gain muscle mass through running, swimming, and various other cardio activities, you'll gain no where near as well as if you were lifting.