Loosing weight post-partm

So, I gave birth less than two weeks ago to a beautiful boy. I am currently at 147 IBs (down from 155 or so). I don't feel like I look much bigger than I was pre-prego, but I was 125 IBs. Of course, I generally have some work to do, so far as re-gaining ab strength etc. So I figured I'd start this up again.

My question is whether or not there is a way to factor in breast feeding? From what I understand you burn mad calories (and so you usually need to increase intake) while your breastfeeding, and I know the way my goals are currently set up probably doesn't account for it. Does anyone else have a way of doing so?

Replies

• bama8693
    bama8693 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in the same boat!! I set my weightloss for .5 lb a week to sorta make up for the breastfeeding. I'm always hungry since we ebf. Keeping my supply is top priority so if I'm hungry still, I'll eat. I'll just eat fruit vs chips :) good luck and congratulations on your new squishy!
  • runrogrun
    runrogrun Posts: 36 Member
    If you search 'breastfeeding' in the food diary it will come up and gives you the option of negative 300 calories (for a newborn) or negative 500 calories (for an ebf 4 month old or older). You add it to your diary like a food to show negating calories of that amount.