addicted

Options
I am sooooo addicted to the Fiber One oats and chocolate bar it's a little sad. Sometimes I end up eating 3 a day! If you haven't tried them you should :) What are your guy's favorite bar to eat? I am looking for a new one because I need to quit eating these! And I am already ruling out Luna bars because I used to eat those almost everyday and then got really sick of them so I will not go near those again! So, healthy nutrition bars that are low in cal (like 140-180) favorites.. anyone? I need variety!

Replies

• KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I am sooooo addicted to the Fiber One oats and chocolate bar it's a little sad. Sometimes I end up eating 3 a day! If you haven't tried them you should :) What are your guy's favorite bar to eat? I am looking for a new one because I need to quit eating these! And I am already ruling out Luna bars because I used to eat those almost everyday and then got really sick of them so I will not go near those again! So, healthy nutrition bars that are low in cal (like 140-180) favorites.. anyone? I need variety!
    Options
    Have you ever tried etting any of the quaker granola bar. Most of them are around 100 cals. The one that I really like right now is the low fat s'mores
  • BrieflyForgotten
    Options
    Ah! I tried those Fiber One bars and they didn't agree with my bowels too well, but they were SO TASTY!!! =D I had to quit those, but I now eat the South Beach Diet bars or the Special K Protein bars. I'm on a doctor-recommended high-protein/low-carb diet, so both of these choices work well for me. The Special K Protein bars definitely have a more pleasant taste than the South Beach ones, but neither of them taste like your expected chewy, grainy, pasty protein bars. And protein helps to give you a full feeling, so these are FANTASTIC for starving-on-the-go-but-avoiding-the-vending-machine emergencies, or just snacking!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Fiber One oats 'n chocolate are incredibly yummy :tongue:

( but don't you get bad gas when you eat them?? :embarassed: )

My favorite "bar" is the South Beach Living high protein breakfast bars in cinnamon raisin flavor, I eat one almost every workday for breakfast :smile: They have 140 calories.
  • KLS10
    Options
    haha no I have not had that problem yet, and hopefully it will stay that way :laugh:
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely in love with the Nature's Valley Sweet N Salty Nut bars. They are 180 cals, and delicious. I like the peanut ones.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery with those...do the carmel ones count?!?
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I like the Special K Chocolate Chocolate Protien Bars for something a little more substantial - like if I need something for lunch and I don't have anything around.

But for a snack, or if I am craving chocolate or candy, I LOVE the SlimFast Peanut Butter Crunch snack bars. They are so yummy - and NO JOKE, they taste just like a Butterfinger candybar!! I think calories are at 120 (don't quote me) and fat is at 4 grams. (much better than the couple hundred calories and 13 grams or something of fat in a Butterfinger!!!) :wink:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time until I took the time to really read the ingredients. Now I buy Trader Joe's Trailmix bars. They are yummy and all natural.:bigsmile: I am pretty sensitive to refined sugars and corn syrup.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Whoa! I can't believe you can eat 3 of the Fiber One bars and NOT have any gas or stomach problems!
    I absolutely LOVE the oats & chocolate ones too, but geez, 4 to 5 hours after eating ONE, I'm "tooting away" for the rest of the day! :laugh:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars give me the same 'problem' that a few others have mentioned here.. :blushing: I can't BELIEVE you can eat THREE of them in one day... I'd be in agony... Some have said that if you drink enough water your body will adjust, but I tried it (just eating one) for several days and couldn't stand it anymore!

anyway...

I switched to the Kashi TLC bars - Trail Mix is my favorite... only 140 calories!! :drinker:
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    I have not tried them. i really like the Special K bars
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    WOW!:laugh: now that's ALOT of fiber! Check out the search for fiber one bar side effects:laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars give me the same 'problem' that a few others have mentioned here.. :blushing: I can't BELIEVE you can eat THREE of them in one day... I'd be in agony... Some have said that if you drink enough water your body will adjust, but I tried it (just eating one) for several days and couldn't stand it anymore!

anyway...

I switched to the Kashi TLC bars - Trail Mix is my favorite... only 140 calories!! :drinker:
    LOL that's WHAT I'm talking about!:laugh: :laugh: :noway:

on a side note Kashi bars are MUCH healthier than the candy bar type, check out the ingredients between the two... Kashi has a good combo protein/carb... Fiber One, not so much on the protein:noway:
  • KLS10
    Options
    haha you guys crack me up. Yah I haven't noticed a lot of gas! None at all actually. Maybe my body is just wierd. I really like Tiger milk bars too but they are so good I eat them like candy. I think the slim fast bar sounds really good, thanks for the suggestion! Oh my gosh, the oats and peanut butter fiber one bar also AMAZING! haha Im obsessed with these things!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to Clif builder's bars---especially the chocolate mint ones. :sick: I would have 3-4 of them for dinner--ugh. I quit buying them because I treat them like candy bars. :cry:
  • PrettyNpink526
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe Bars! They are only 180 calories and have 20 grams of protein!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I eat the Fiber One Oats n Chocolate too but a new fav are the Chex Mix Bars! The Turtle Flavor and the Chocolate Chunk are great and they have 4 g of fiber so a LITTLE easier on the digestive system and still a nice treat.
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I am in love with the Fiber One Oats & Strawberries w/Almonds! I dont really have any problems digestively. I am glad that I dont because it sounds like so many do!

As an alternate choice I love Clif Kid Z Bars. They are about 120 cals and 3 to 4 grams of fiber depending on the flavor. And they have yummy flavors like Blueberry, Honey Graham, Apple Cinnamon and Chocolate Brownie. And my kids love them so I can get the same thing for all of us in bulk from Costco.

Another favorite I have found is all of the Kashi bars. My favorite is Cruncy Pumpkin Spice Flax. Its like a Nature Valley Crunchy bar but alot less sugar and calories!

Good luck with your search! There are so many yummy ones out there!
  • shellyws
    shellyws Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just had to add... for a warm dessert take the clif z bars either the chocolate brownie or chocolate chip and warm in the microwave. Add lowfat vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and yummy!

Enjoy! :happy: