Most filling, low calorie foods?

What do you eat to fill yourself up, with the least amount of calories?

Replies

• freyablaze
    freyablaze Posts: 11
    I find that Oatmeal with a touch of brown sugar works well, but gets boring quickly. Need more ideas!
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    I make coleslaw with 2 cups shredded cabbage and Kraft Light Asian Sesame dressing . For lunch, I add chopped almonds for a great crunch. It's very filling. Add other veggies as desired.
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    i find celery, grapes, and apples to be very filling. And when I want something snacky, reduced-fat triscuits with laughing cow wedges. For breakfast I've been hitting up Subway a lot. The wheat english muffin with egg white, american cheese and veggies is only 150 calories and keeps me full for hours.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    I love apples with peanut butter, or bananas and peanutbutter, gets filling fast.I also like cinnamon raisin bagel thins, they are only 110 calories, I have them for breakfast with a grapefruit, and a hard boiled egg.I also make chicken fajitas without the taco shell, and I use refried fat free beans, with peppers and onions, and lettuce.That is filling and a great low calorie meal for all the food you are eating.Hope it helps.Good luck!:smile:
  • It's not a low, low amount of calories, but I recently discovered how good Chobani Greek yogurt is. It's got a very different texture to other yogurts, but if you add a hint of honey or buy the fruit on the bottom it really is just delicious. It has a bunch of protein so it will keep you fuller longer too.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, tuna!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    I love chopping up a bunch of veggies, put them in the frying pan w/ just a touch of e.v.o.o. & it's very low cal. Sometimes I'll add chicken or a bit of feta cheese or 4oz of salmon, sometimes even 1/2cup penne. Salt & pepper to taste.

The veggies usually consist of: A good 1/2 cup red pepper (if not 1cup), ~1/4cup orange pepper, ~1/2 cup zuchhini (either yellow or green), 1/2cup edamame shelled soybeans, sometimes tomato. I think the veggies come up at about 136ish calories.

Makes a HUGE bowl & it's so yummy....it's my go-to meal
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Egg whites with lots of sauteed veggies (onion, peppers, mushrooms, tomato, whatever), and babybel light cheese. Pile on top of Weight Watchers english muffin, bagel, or toasted bread. Yum! Keeps me full for hours.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    bump!
  • sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    bump :)
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Whenever I get hungry, and it's not meal time, I have a big glass of water. It usually settles my hunger for a bit. If I'm still hungry, I'll have a granola bar with a 4 oz low fat yogurt.

Other things that can fill me up fast is an apple (LOVE them!), egg whites with very light cheese, a small salad (with as many veggies as you want!) with low fat dressing, or almost anything that is fruit and veggie related!

I try to stay away from bread, chips, crackers, or heavy cheese for snacks. They don't keep me full, and they're usually full of salt.
  • pixiedust838
    pixiedust838 Posts: 1 Member
    poached egg on vogels toast! and also i love popcorn if i need a 100 calorie snack- air popped with salt -about 4 cups. if you really NEED sugar id go for lollies or even no sugar gum like extra. cos chocolate just has sooo many calories and does not fill you up... i like fried brocolli and 1 fried egg on brown rice as well :) if u need something unhealthy, just remember that sugar and fat are both full of calories, but FAT will fill u up (eg a big mac) wheras SUGAR will not ( a slice of cake can have almost as much calories as a big mac) so go for fat if you really feel you need it :)