I CANT LOSE ANY WEIGHT, HELP!!

Options
Hi guys. I've just passed my 2 week anniversary of eating Heathy and exercising. I have been eating roughly 1200 calories a day (not exact, sometimes lower, sometimes higher) and doing 30 day shred 2 exercises and I occasionally do a butt lifting exercising routine but it's been two weeks and I have barly lost anything! There has been a mild change but not really and at the beginning I weighed 10 st 10 pounds at the start, 10 st 7.5 pounds and then Friday just there I weighed 10 st 8.5 pounds! I have been eating SOOO healthy. Help

Replies

• honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You've lost a fine amount of weight based on your starting weight. You may need to adjust your expectations.
    What expectations should I have then?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    This.

Also, expect to only lose .5-2lbs per week, and healthy rate of loss, and more and you'll risk losing too much muscle. Only use the 2lbs per week option if you have over 50lbs to lose. Weight goes up and down and stalls sometimes, and that is completely normal What matters is your overall downward trend.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    A food scale is non-negotiable. Are you weighing your food in grams?

Eating "healthy" doesn't mean you will lose weight. I lose 1.5 lbs/week eating cookies and ice cream.
  • timbushmire114
    timbushmire114 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is protein intake like?
  • Taraawwwr
    Taraawwwr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you work out a lot you might be putting on muscle aswell as losing weight. Hence the weight going up. It should level itself out though. The more muscle you put on the more calories your going to burn every day
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Taraawwwr wrote: »
    If you work out a lot you might be putting on muscle aswell as losing weight. Hence the weight going up. It should level itself out though. The more muscle you put on the more calories your going to burn every day
    @Taraawwwr
    And how much muscle to you think a woman doing a bit of exercise while eating only 1200 cals would have added in two weeks? I understand you are trying to be nice but it's not realistic. Water retention from a new exercise routine is more likely.

BTW - although muscle does burn more calories than fat the actual numbers are far lower than you probably think. Resting energy expenditure for muscle is approx. 6 cals / per day / per lb.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    @Taraawwwr
    And how much muscle to you think a woman doing a bit of exercise while eating only 1200 cals would have added in two weeks? I understand you are trying to be nice but it's not realistic. Water retention from a new exercise routine is more likely.

BTW - although muscle does burn more calories than fat the actual numbers are far lower than you probably think. Resting energy expenditure for muscle is approx. 6 cals / per day / per lb.

This 100%

Its not realistic to think that this op gained muscle by her description and posts like that further complicate things for new comers. Its very unlikely that the op has suddenly gained muscle.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Op - just because your eating healthy or working out doesn't mean you will automatically lose weight. A calorie deficit is still needed.
    Be patient and get yourself a food scale If you don't already have one.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Have a read through this:

7thhv78g2yfb.jpg

Your answer is in there. :)
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    First of all, you're not eating enough. Go to iifym.com, click TDEE calculator, calculate your TDEE and multiply that number by 0.8. That's how much you should be eating. 2nd, know that your body weight can fluctuate 10 or more pounds a day. It takes more than one bad week to determine whether you're really not losing weight. But seriously, eat more. Going too low on calories is only going to result in a binge and regret.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

K but no. Women have a really, really hard time putting on muscle even when we're trying. We just don't have the hormone make up to support it. Further, eating at a deficit and putting on muscle do not, generally, go hand in hand. To gain muscle you actually have to eat at a surplus, or at the very least maintenance.

Further, the amount of calories you burn with the amount of muscle you gain, in theory, doesn't go up by hundreds and hundreds unless you look at a starting amount vs. current amount. It will be a gradual increase.

As a woman it's just not the answer. There's no way in just 2 short weeks of eating at a deficit she would have gained that much lean muscle mass. It just isn't the case.

I would suspect she should wait it out - weight loss is not linear and there will be some weeks she gains weight and others she loses or stays the same. If the overall trend is downward then she's on the right path. It takes time. She didn't gain it over night and she definitely won't lose it over night. I have been in this for 3 years and have managed to keep off 90+lbs but I still have about 60 to go.