Great tool to compare food choices!

Options
bjohs
bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
Here's a way to start making small improvements in your daily food consumption. Change just one thing at a time and pretty soon you'll start noticing changes. Changes in the way you eat. Changes in the way you look. Changes in the way you feel. This is a great tool to get you started:

http://www.twofoods.com/

Instead of having a dinner roll with supper, replace it with a slice of whole wheat bread. Here's the comparison: http://www.twofoods.com/compare/query/ZGlubmVyIHJvbGw=/d2hlYXQgYnJlYWQ=

You will have saved yourself 41 calories, 3 g carbs, 3 g fat and gained nearly 1 g protein. Imagine if you could do this with even more of your food choices!

Start comparing today to make better nutrition choices tomorrow. Enjoy!

Replies

• Ashley395
    Ashley395 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome tool, thanks!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    That is neat but too bad, you can't enter the food in and it gives a options of other choices similar ;)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I just went on and it is really cool. It is a lot easier then entering and deleting options in my diary. I will use it before I make my food choices. Thanks again!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    That is neat but too bad, you can't enter the food in and it gives a options of other choices similar ;)

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but there are other options listed below the results. Depending on what keywords you are entering.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    bump...
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • smcinto
    smcinto Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that - Will definitely use
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Nice...Thanks for sharing!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Holy Rusted Metal, Batman! I just tried it & learned a lot! Thank you for posting this awesome tool!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    bump xx
  • gary8964
    Options
    Awesome tool, thanks!

I second this comment
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    fooducate ..... check it out on the app store
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I just went on and it is really cool. It is a lot easier then entering and deleting options in my diary. I will use it before I make my food choices. Thanks again!

When you're on the "food" tab and wanting to know the nutritional info before you actually ADD it to your diary there is a link for "nutritional info" directly above where you select how many of what size servings you're adding to your journal.
    There is also a link when you're on the food tab for "database" which displays the nutritional info on the right side of your screen as you select an item on the left... makes it easy to find the items with "complete details" when adding them to your journal for the first time (remember to copy the name of the item from the database when you find it because you have to search for it again on the food side to add it... maybe they'll get to adding the "Add to diary" button from the database page this year ;)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    thanks!!