cutting started 26/02/16 to current

Options
matt88uk
matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
I started off at around 217 lbs on the 26th February 2016 it's now May 14th and I'm weighing in at 198lbs I am cutting right up to around the middle of August so hoping to be ripped by then if not I will continue with the cut

Diet wise there is no diet I am following I'm just doing what works for me everyone is different at the end of the day so do what suits you.Im on 1900 calories a day to lose 1.5 lbs per week I keep my protien high around 160g my carbs around 220g and fats are around 60g

Training wise I'm just lifting weights 4 to 5 times a week no crazy cardio or hiit cardio however i am going to incorporate some sort of hiit cardio near the end of my cutt

If you have any questions or need help and advice fire away as I am a qualified fitness instructor also

I will post pics up soon thanks

I hope this motivates people :)

Replies

• matt88uk
    Options
    Right is at start the two left pics are we're I am at currently
  • nitesky83
    nitesky83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!!! Keep up the good work
  • sirtoks
    sirtoks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What workouts are you doing to cut?? I mean, I look at your numbers, my weight and cal intake and they don't add up. I tend to go up and down. I am at 221.5 lbs with a Cal intake of 1651/day. I have done a lot of body weight training recently, I have added HIIT on an indoor bike as well as playing softball and football. I did start to do an upper body workout with weights today, but knowing my body, I'm going to blow up and be huge. Not complaining about that, but I would like to get to my goal weight of 195 by Aug, and build some serious definition by Oct. What would you suggest @matt88uk ?
  • matt88uk
    Options
    sirtoks wrote: »
    What workouts are you doing to cut?? I mean, I look at your numbers, my weight and cal intake and they don't add up. I tend to go up and down. I am at 221.5 lbs with a Cal intake of 1651/day. I have done a lot of body weight training recently, I have added HIIT on an indoor bike as well as playing softball and football. I did start to do an upper body workout with weights today, but knowing my body, I'm going to blow up and be huge. Not complaining about that, but I would like to get to my goal weight of 195 by Aug, and build some serious definition by Oct. What would you suggest @matt88uk ?
    if I was you I would cutt weight then see what you have mass wise and go from there I'm doing full upper body routines 4 times a week with one leg day and it's working great for me but everyone is different

• matt88uk
    Options
    nitesky83 wrote: »
    You are looking great!!! Keep up the good work
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nice! Stop by and let us know how it goes.
  • matt88uk
    Options
    TnZMom wrote: »
    Nice! Stop by and let us know how it goes.
    Will do
  • matt88uk
    Options
    4ga97711sc32.jpeg
    Last day of the week diet break eating at maintance back to the deficit tomorrow for another 12 weeks until the next break!
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Great work Matt! I always chuckle to myself when I hear people say you can't gain muscle in a deficit. You clearly have.
  • matt88uk
    Options
    Great work Matt! I always chuckle to myself when I hear people say you can't gain muscle in a deficit. You clearly have.
    Cheers mate but I acctually havnt gained muscle it is just looking that way because I'm getting leaner
  • Gun4a
    Gun4a Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job! Curious to see how shredded you'll by August! Keep us posted.
  • matt88uk
    Options
    Gun4a wrote: »
    Great job! Curious to see how shredded you'll by August! Keep us posted.
    Thanks yeah I'm hoping to be pretty lean by then! I'll keep this updated tho
  • kam744
    kam744 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • sclark2017
    sclark2017 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is awesome. Good job!!!
  • matt88uk
    Options
    sclark2017 wrote: »
    Wow, this is awesome. Good job!!!
    Thanks
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    matt88uk wrote: »
    Cheers mate but I acctually havnt gained muscle it is just looking that way because I'm getting leaner

Really? So you aren't any stronger now than you were in your first picture?
  • matt88uk
    Options
    matt88uk wrote: »

Really? So you aren't any stronger now than you were in your first picture?
    about the same but my endurance has went up mate

• matt88uk
    Options
    Weighed in 193lbs the new weekly low...I weigh myself everyday as the scale fluctuates day to day here's a current pic taken today eg7qjbptyesl.jpeg
    aj1rjglu37qz.jpeg
  • estrimp81
    estrimp81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work man!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!