Looking for MFP friends to support/encourage each other :)

Options
I don't currently have any MFP friends and am looking to be more involved in the community here. I'm pretty experienced in losing weight. At one point in my life, I had lost 135 lbs. Now, I have gained some back and am looking to lose about 25-30 more lbs to get back to a comfortable weight for me. I try to exercise often (almost every day) and always log my calories. So far, it's working great! I'm down 23 lbs.

My biggest issue is food. I freakin' love food! But, I am definitely seeing how important it is to watch what I eat since gaining back weight! I am a positive person and would like to meet some other people who are serious about getting healthy.

Replies

• kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you can count me in. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I have had lots of health issues and had to have my right knee replaced three times in three years so the only option I have is to be serious about looseing weight
  • royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. You will find a group of people on here from all walks of life. Most will encourage you and kick you in the but if needed. More importantly they will take an interest in you the person. That goes a long way when looking for support. Oh and they will always add humor to the day. At least that is true of most of the people on my friends list..
  • anotherxhero
    anotherxhero Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help; I'm pretty shy though, trying to open up to other people going on the same journey. I used to be sort of content with my weight, even though I was overweight, before I started college but they weren't kidding with how easy it is to just settle, when you're in school. Spent the last 2 or 3 years just consistently gaining weight. I could use more positive and health oriented people in my life as I use this summer to adjust the unhealthy habits I've developed. c:

So at least when the semester starts back up in August, I can't use the "well I'm a college student" excuse. xD
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Count me in I love helping and getting help. :)
  • travelgrl19
    travelgrl19 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss to date, that's great! I'll add you. Always looking for supportive people ☺
  • stephede15
    stephede15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Mar225
    Mar225 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Looking for MFP buddies as well :)
  • hawksfan881972
    hawksfan881972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Feel free to add me as well.
  • chamzlila
    chamzlila Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You can all add me. I too i'm a big foodie. But i make almost everything from scratch and if i want a treat, i have to bake it first (cooking burns calories too)
  • surfingmourir
    surfingmourir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am looking for mfp friends too, for motivation and support. It's a long journey and a lot easier with others.
  • heatherkeeley649
    heatherkeeley649 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well.. The more the merrier
  • adkspep
    adkspep Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am looking for MFP friends too!
  • amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd love some more friends who are active!!! I'm really focussing on getting in shape and working out, since I too love food lol!
  • greenwaytegan
    greenwaytegan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Elizakate7
    Elizakate7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I'm looking for some accountabilibuddies and just some other people to share the journey with. I'm pretty fit but love food and although I mostly eat good food, I eat slightly too much of it and remain stagnant or slowly gain weight! I'm ready to put in some serious focus and commitment to get my body back in a comfortable, healthy shape, and it's always better with a support group around you :smile:
  • arielangel1991
    arielangel1991 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all these replies! I didn't get any notifications that people replied on here! But I really appreciate everyone reaching out and wanting to support one another! I hope that I friend requested everyone who replied (and some of you requested me). If I missed you, add me! :)
  • sexydiva121077
    sexydiva121077 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am needing some friends also, could really use some motivation
  • lavs21
    lavs21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can add me totally understand you, Althogh unlike you I have never been at a healthy weight ever in my life, I always have and still am struggling with food, so sure lets support each other.
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Fellow foodie here if anyone needs some support, feel free to add me.