Starting diet today

Options
kharbouch
kharbouch Posts: 12 Member
edited May 2016 in Getting Started
I'm gonna start today my diet, during the whole day I'll be eating just eggs, apples, green tea, oats.
It seems pretty hard, wish I'll not cheat!

Replies

• hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    That does not sound like a sustainable plan. Why are you doing this?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    That does not sound like a sustainable plan. Why are you doing this?

Yes, this.
  • Taraawwwr
    Taraawwwr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I presume you'll only be doing this for a few days? Any longer than that and you risk harming your health and metabolism. But good luck. Just be careful
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to limit yourself to those foods? For instance, why apples as fruits? Berries are great too, and bananas, etc. If you give yourself too many restrictions, you probably won't sustain it. But good luck anyway, if that works for you, great.
  • adcc407
    adcc407 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chicken or turkey are pretty good lean meats.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    kharbouch wrote: »
    I'm gonna start today my diet, during the whole day I'll be eating just eggs, apples, green tea, oats.
    It seems pretty hard, wish I'll not cheat!

Why are you doing that? You'll only be able to stick to it for a few days (at most), and to get any results (weight loss, building muscle) you need at least a couple of months.

It seems damn hard, and you are going to cheat.

If you eat a normal diet, just in moderate amounts, you'll be able to get results without needing luck or wanting to cheat.

This is why we usually discourage "diets", unless by diet, you mean just "what you eat".

I hope you are just trolling, but I wish people could stop that too.
  • kharbouch
    kharbouch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Actually the reason why I wanna retry this diet, cuz I've been already doing it for 4 days, and that was since before couple of weeks, and during those 4 days I've lost 3.5kgs
    Any other healthy diet plan plz..?
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    South beach or Atkins or Paleo are all healthy ways of eating as well as eating clean
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    kharbouch wrote: »
    Actually the reason why I wanna retry this diet, cuz I've been already doing it for 4 days, and that was since before couple of weeks, and during those 4 days I've lost 3.5kgs
    Sudden great losses like that is water weight/less food in your system. Not fat. You can be sure about that. Fat loss is slooooow. We are talking 1/4 to 1 kg per week, unless you are supermorbidly obese, then you can expect to lose 2 kilos per week if you do everything right.

Any other healthy diet plan plz..?
    Just eat food. Enough, but not too much. Weigh it and log it.

South beach or Atkins or Paleo are all healthy ways of eating as well as eating clean
    Don't listen to this. You don't have to follow a special diet. A way of eating that gives you a moderate calorie deficit, while providing all the nutrients you need, and you can stick to for a long time, is the best diet for you. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, grains and starchy vegetables, meat, fish, eggs and dairy, nuts and seeds, butter, oils and fats, and you are eating better than most people. Home cooked is best, if you can cook (and it's not very difficult), but there's nothing wrong with the occasional readymade. You can add moderate amounts of any treat you want, too, just eat real food first, and log it.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your starting point is as far as weight and height and what your end goal is, but what you're doing is not sustainable and you'll fail. You might have a short-term weight loss because you're denying yourself but in the long run this can't work.

If you're looking for long-term serious weight loss and maintenance just use the mfp daily calories required calculator calculator.

I've lost over 50 pounds in 4 months eating within my calorie limit. I ate healthy during that time but I also did not deny myself the things I enjoy including Wendy's hamburger BBQ spare ribs ice cream and beer.

My biggest mistake in the past was looking at this as a diet. Ultimately came to the realization that with a diet you're sacrificing things that you like and you're miserable during the process of the diet. By looking at this is a lifestyle change I just educated myself as far as what to eat how much to eat and how to keep things in perspective.

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You're completely setting yourself up for failure. This is not going to help you. If you lose weight doing this you're going to gain it all back once you start eating food. If you want to lose weight go to www.iifym.com. go to the TDEE calculator, calculate your TDEE and multiply that number by 0.8. That's your daily calorie goal. You need to measure all your food, with a scale not a measuring cup. Then you'll be successful and if you're smart about what you eat you'll get to eat a lot of food.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    You don't have limit yourself on any kind of food, or stick to the same thing over and over. Get your calorie levels figured out, put yourself in a deficit and you will lose. You can enjoy some good food and lose. It seems like you are doing something you can never stick with.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You're going to get burnt out really quickly.

The journey to weight loss should be about focusing on why you got to a point you were unhappy with, and how to make LASTING, LIFELONG changes to ensure that you stay at your goal. Harsh, restrictive diets guarantee that you'll likely end up yo-yo dieting.

I lost 8 lbs my first week of changing my diet. I guarantee that it was water weight, especially since I'd focused on drinking more water, as well.

Over the past 5.5 months I've lost in the ballpark of 30-35 lbs. I go up, sometimes down, but it's a downward trend. I've managed to lose this weight without overly depriving myself. I've had pizza, ice cream, and things I enjoy. Losing weight is not, and should never be, a race.