If It Fits It Fits In Food Diary

Options
Is it true that whatever you eat,if it fits it fits in your food diary & in a calorie deficit that you can still lose weight.

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Yes. That is exactly how it works. Your diet could be 100% chocolate bars and with a calorie deficit you would lose weight.

Including foods that you really enjoy in your weight loss plan is a sensible approach but, for the sake of your health, you should try to eat a balanced diet including protein, healthy fats, and vegetables.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yes. That is exactly how it works. Your diet could be 100% chocolate bars and with a calorie deficit you would lose weight.

Including foods that you really enjoy in your weight loss plan is a sensible approach but, for the sake of your health, you should try to eat a balanced diet including protein, healthy fats, and vegetables.

I have read the Twinkie Diet were that person just ate sweets but still lost weight because it was still in a calorie deficit.Just because it works does not mean it can work on another person though.

It's still a calorie deficit
  • karenjonesmuller
    karenjonesmuller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes.thats correct! X
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

I have read the Twinkie Diet were that person just ate sweets but still lost weight because it was still in a calorie deficit.Just because it works does not mean it can work on another person though.

With a calorific deficit - any diet will lead to weight loss. This is compliant with the 1st law of thermodynamics and I can't think of a reason as to why that would not work for everyone.

The health implications of living entirely on Twinkies would be disastrous (as would living entirely on lettuce) but you would lose weight.