Powdered protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• njk0215
    njk0215 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get a sore stomach from protein powders but i was told its likely the whey in them. So i found a brown rice protein powder (Ezyprotein, but i think that brand is only available here in Australia) and i have no issues with it. I think if you look up vegan based protein powders you might get some brand ideas (fwiw, i am not vegan, just find vegan protein powder to be gentle on the tummy)
  • Lisamn1214
    Lisamn1214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I live on quest protien. 1 to sometimes 2 times a day. I love the taste. I add pb2 to it for added protien and taste.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    See if any sports, gyms or health shops have either free or cheap samples. You can then try a few without splashing out for huge tub or bag. Also good way of trying flavours you wouldn't normally try. ( was giving sample of a banana and mango one from gym. I hate mango! Oddly enough it's been the best flavour so far.)
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    rwible23 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've been currently careful with my carbs so I've been eating two boiled eggs for breakfast. I absolutely HATE eggs, I literally gag trying to eat them. But I was thinking the extra protein would help prevent the daily 2pm binge party lol!

Feel the same way about eggs. My mom finally gave up putting them in things like tuna salad because I wouldn't eat until I picked out every bit. :D

So, Quest protein bars for breakfast. I can do some kind of veggie hash w/meat, but a bar is just easier.

For afternoon munchies I go with coffee+.

The + was an apple, then cottage cheese because I was targeting a protein goal, currently a protein shake because I was just plain sick of cottage cheese.
  • Mommato5b1g
    Mommato5b1g Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have tried many different powders and love myprotein.com's whey isolate protein powder. It's low calorie (100 cal), mixes well (not grainy or lumpy at all), tastes great, and keeps me full til lunch. They have a ton of flavors. Chocolate brownie and chocolate mint with stevia are both good. My current fave is chocolate caramel. I usually just mix with water to cut back on calories and the taste is still good. Sometimes I add a little milk and it makes the flavor a little richer. As a bonus, the website is always offering deals and coupon codes so price is really good. And they have super fast shipping.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    rwible23 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions! I've been currently careful with my carbs so I've been eating two boiled eggs for breakfast. I absolutely HATE eggs, I literally gag trying to eat them. But I was thinking the extra protein would help prevent the daily 2pm binge party lol!

cottage cheese,tofu,cheese,nuts,seeds,oatmeal,yogurt,milk, all have protein. so do lean meats and veggies.Hemp seeds and chia seeds have some protein(of course some things will be higher than others),which can be added to yogurt,smoothies,etc. there are a lot of things out there that have protein. you dont have to eat eggs if you cant stand them.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    1 serving chicken breast + 2 cups of steamed broccoli
    (Very low carb if you're worried... combined fiber and protein is terrific for satiation)
    (Replace chicken with a small steak with some fat in it, fat+fiber is good for lowering blood cholesterol)

This will keep you full much longer for similar calories and tastes 876423958476952387546 times better.