B12 Lipoburn injection

Options
Has anyone tried this for weight loss?

Replies

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    As with everything if you don't need b12 for a medical reason it won't work for weightloss
    Think to yourself IF "add name of woo" it worked would there still be fat people.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    The "Lipoburn" aspect just reeks of woo.

People will get this injection, eat an excess of calories thinking they're going to lose weight anyway due to the injection, then complain or even sue when they don't lose a pound or possibly even gain.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    For weight loss ,you will need a calorie deficit.
    B12 shots aren't going to produce weight loss
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I recently saw my doctor about a possible B12 deficiency so I did a little research about the shot and talked with her about it a little before going to get my blood work.

My understanding (based on cursory web searches on sites like WebMD and other public-facing health sites) is that a B12 deficiency can cause symptoms that make you burn fewer calories in a day. It can affect your heart, your energy (ie metabolism), and how you digest food, if you're body isn't operating with sufficient B12. (There are also neurological and other frightening consequences, but that's besides the point.)

I did get the impression that if I was deficient and I got the shot, there was a good chance I would burn a few more calories each day than I do now. I'd probably want to eat a little more to make up for it, though. I hate being hungry.

I did not get the impression that if I was not deficient that the shot would change anything at all. My bloodwork came back all within normal ranges so I'm sorry I don't think I'll have a first-hand experience to relate.

(P.S. B12 is water soluble, but stored in the liver. I've been vegan for 23 years and rarely take B12 supplements and I'm not deficient, so I think it must be pretty hard to drop to worrisome levels.)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    If you aren't deficient, why would you get an injection that will just be excreted out? I believe B Vitamins are commonly used to increase energy - so you might get a brief bump in energy and therefore get more done/move more/expend more energy(calories.)

If you are tired or have other symptoms, perhaps keep looking for the reason. (?) I mean, a cup of green tea gives more energy too.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are no pills or shots or drinks to make weight loss faster or more effortless. It takes time and patience and giving yourself grace because you're human and will mess up from time to time as we all have.