Plateau?

Options
ascharpf371
ascharpf371 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey! I'm 18 years old. I've been on a 1200 calorie diet. I've lost about 8 pounds in a little over a month. I usually go to the gym five days a week. I feel like I've hit a plateau. I haven't lost any weight this week. What's wrong? I usually exercise off about 600-700 calories.

Replies

• moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    8 lbs is excellent. Great job. Give your body time. You will have periods of time where your body adjusts and you don't lose, or even gain weight. Be patient. If you allow yourself to get so focused on the number you will only get frustrated and quit. It's a journey, not a marathon. If you want to lose it and keep it off you need to be patient and do it slowly.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You know how they say weight loss isn't linear? This is exactly what they mean. It's only been a week. A plateau is generally considered more like 4-6+ weeks with no loss. Don't let one week stress you out :flowerforyou:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1
  • BrettieBooBoo
    BrettieBooBoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    moto450 wrote: »
    8 lbs is excellent. Great job. Give your body time. You will have periods of time where your body adjusts and you don't lose, or even gain weight. Be patient. If you allow yourself to get so focused on the number you will only get frustrated and quit. It's a journey, not a marathon. If you want to lose it and keep it off you need to be patient and do it slowly.

Agreed!!!!
    Your doing great, just keep at it!!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Fyi, what are your stats? Weight, height, etc. Keep in mind that the more you have to lose the quicker it will come off in the beginning. The leaner you are the tougher it will become and the more you will need to dial in your nutrition and exercise.