Gave up dieting now I am back

Options
Anyone else out there struggle with the decision to diet? I have just (2 weeks ago) come back to MFP after 7 months of "intuitive eating" which helped me gain back the 10 lbs I had just lost on Weight Watchers!
Now 2 weeks in not seeing any progress and I feel regret for gaining the 10 lbs. I tell myself I learned about myself during that time.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Your biggest mistake is, You are just dieting. Until you make it a lifestyle change and educate yourself on healthy eating and portion control, you will alway be on the back of the yo yo. It's your decision. No exucses.
  • Kristybalogh
    Options
    I am right there with you... I dont think dieting is ever easy. I have tried and tried to lose weight many times over the last 10 years. It never seems to stick, I get frustrated and my life gets busy and I give up. There is nothing worse then feeling like a failure. And I am sure that family and friends around me are sick of hearing me say that I am trying to lose weight again! You would think this should be easier then it is, but its not its HARD! Here I am again after months of doing nothing, I am on day two of giving this another try! Only this time I hope to actually get it done! So I know how you feel, I have been there, am there! But just dont give up, and keep trying! Good luck to you! Hang in there!:smile:
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previouse poster. You need to look at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. There is nothing wrong with "intuitive" eating, or responding to your body's needs, if you do it with healthy foods that fill you while keeping you in a safe calorie range. The issues with weight watchers new system is fruits being 0 points when a serving of fruit can have well over 100 cals (not AS likely with veggies). I dont "diet" and when I started this (my last) weight loss journey I decided not to follow any other groups "plan" or "strategy" I still eat "bad" foods just in proper portions, and make a consciouse effort to keep healthy foods readily available.