fitbit advice

Options
Aymzc
Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
I'm thinking of buying a fit bit but unsure of which one would suit me best.
At the moment I don't count my steps and know that is a big part of them, and I just have a cheap hrm to see how many calories I burn during exercise. Basically I'm looking for one that I Can see my exercise cals separately in order to record in here.
From what I've read I think the Alta is the one to look at but not 100% sure so any help and advice greatly received.
Thanks

Replies

• APreciousF
    APreciousF Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can only speak about the ones I've used and both have been Fitbit. The one I currently wear is the Blaze. I upgraded to it because I wanted to see my heart rate and thought it was also a cool feature to see calls, texts, and reminders (especially when I'm working out).
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I have the charge hr and I've found it very helpful during my journey. Counts steps, floors, active minutes, exercise, heart rate. And the challenges really help keep me motivated to do more.
  • jmoorman83
    jmoorman83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would suggest one with heart rate. Charge hr, blaze, or surge. I have the blaze and love it. It automatically tracks activities and breaks them down. The Alta does not to hr or flights of stairs. The charge hr does not have changeable bands nor does the surge.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    The ones with a HR monitor will give you a more accurate calorie burn estimate. I have the Charge HR and have been thinking about the Blaze. It looks more stylish and you can get different bands although I have heard some say they thought the size of it was a little large. In the manual for my HR it states when exercising to wear it fairly snug on the wrist about 1 to 2 finger widths above the wrist bone so it doesn't slide around and will give you a more accurate HR reading. I have a desk job as well and the Fitbit has motivated me to get up and move around more when I can. I like that it counts flights of stairs also. This has motivated to take the two flights of stairs instead of using the elevator at work. It has also motivated me to be more active outside of work.
  • rakaelbrown
    rakaelbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. It tracks your steps, active minutes, heart rate, how many floors you take, and sleep patterns. There is a timer so you can record the length of the workout. It also syncs to your phone and shows the name of your contact when ringing. Lastly, it syncs to the MFP account.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR and love it. It gives you your total burn for the entire day but you can use the timer to record your workout as @rakaelbrown said. It recognizes certain activity patterns like the elliptical after 10 minutes

It's been very helpful to keep me moving and aware of my activity level for the whole day. I can check the logs on the Fitbit dashboard to monitor my activity and sleep pattern. It's a great tool to guesstimate your calories out.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love my Blaze - but also own the Charge HR. Highly recommend either of those! Surge is nice, but I don't like the look of it myself.
  • pwoodroof
    pwoodroof Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just got the Alta yesterday and today is my first day of use.....it seems to be good, recording my calories expended as the day progresses and is syncing ok with MPF. It has a dashboard showing me calories burned, number of active minutes, time and calories spent walking, how I slept, calories eaten, calories left and water consumption
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So I went with the Alta, just set it up. Thanks for your advice.