Training for half marathon in October

Options
502Monica
502Monica Posts: 19 Member
Signed up for the Louisville,KY Run A Thon today, which is a 5K on 9/10, a 10K on 10/1 and a half marathon on 10/22.

I recently started a new MFP account after 3 years with my old one, looking for new friends and accountability partners! I follow an IIFYM diet, I'm 27, 5'8 and currently around 175lbs, started at 202 in 02/2014.

My diary is open to friends.

Replies

• blb_86
    blb_86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am training for a half marathon in September. Would love some extra support from someone else doing the same. I started at 212 and am down to 180. Hoping to be 150 by September, which is when I turn 30!

I use to run a lot but am starting over and working on growing may endurance back.

• jenmacy
    jenmacy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm training for a half in September as well! Have ran a few in the past, but stopped running for a little bit. Am back up to around 10km runs now and would love some people with the same goal in mind! Feel free to add me!
  • mhealea
    mhealea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    good luck on your up and coming runs.. you can do this.. Not sure if you would be interested or not but I'm part of an amazing fitness and weight loss support group and I thought of today and thought you would love it because we do have a board just for runners and it helped me to run my first half marathon last year and Im working on my fifth one. I next goal is to run a full marathon next April. The group is led by Lance Lyell who lost 75 lbs, filmed for the P90X infomercial, and was in Mens Fitness as a success story. This is strictly a support group and the weight loss transformations of the people who have followed his advice are amazing! They share recipes, their nutrition guides, give free workouts, and even do a weekly broadcast where they take questions. It's all free and the people are sooooo supportive. Anyway let me know if you would like to join me and I'll add you to our private Facebook group. Even if you're not working out the recipes and nutrition advice is so good and has helped me so much.