The *D* Diet

Options
So yeah....I was on the "Divorce Diet" for awhile. After 7 years of marriage and 2 kids - I caught my husband having an affair in December 2010. Which is when I started my weight loss journey...technically. I lost about 15 lbs over the next couple of months from having some emotional stress and upset stomachs due to the divorce process and adjusting to life as a single mom.

But then I started to heal. I'm still healing from that. But now my weight loss is pure dedication. Hard work. Eating right. Exercising. Doing something FOR ME. Making ME a priority. Being happy with who I am and where I am.

So why the post? I've lost over 40 lbs now. People IRL are really starting to notice. And so many people don't hesitate to assume that I am only losing weight because of my divorce. Well - I'm not letting that a-hole take one once of credit for my success anymore. I'm sick of explaining to everyone that my weight loss isn't a result of being so sad and depressed over my divorce that I can't feed myself. If anything - I've finally found myself again. Just needed to rant to my MFP friends. Maybe you can give me some good lines to use to convey my message to people?

Replies