Making great progress and feeling so thankful. What are you thankful for?

Options
StacyChrz
StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
6 months ago today I married my best friend. I might be where I am today without him but it would have been so much more difficult and not nearly as much fun. We laugh every day and always work to pick each other up when we're having a tough day. Craig has always told me I am beautiful and desirable but he has been 100% supportive of my need to live a healthier life. Combine that with a family that means well even when they aren't quite perfect and I feel like a very lucky woman. I've been working on getting healthy and improving my lifestyle for just over a year. I am down 49 lbs. and have about 50 lbs. to go. I wanted to share some of my before and during pictures and would love to hear about your progress and what you are thankful for.

05/2015 about 10 lbs down

gu61fylw4wi7.jpg

Our wedding 10/15/2016 35 lbs. down
x0m2a2zlrzyc.jpg

A pre-gym selfie last month 45 lbs. down

80ai9eamnugc.jpg

A collage of my sweetheart and I since the wedding
gpb0a0wwgh1z.jpg

Replies

• cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your marriage, as well as your lifestyle changes! My husband is the same way, and it is indeed a blessing. His compliments are more likely to be about my smile, energy, improved health, or increased happiness other than on appearances. It matters. Best wishes for continued successes!
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Job! You look great, give that hubby of yours an atta boy from me.
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    @cairnsmom, I'm happy to hear that your hubby is also so supportive. It sure helps.
    @BEVERLYSTEEN Thanks you, I'll be sure to pass along the praise. We are certainly lucky to have found one another.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Congrats!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look so happy. Thanks for sharing your success and keep up the good work!
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I feel the same way about my husband. I don't know where I would be without him! He is my biggest support!! I'm so thankful for him!

Other than that, I'm honestly just thankful that I CAN exercise. There are so many people out there who physically can't and I'm so thankful everyday that I can!!
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    @Xpecta. You are so right. Having the ability to move freely and without pain is absolutely something to be thankful for.
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fabulous progress! That support makes all the difference. I'm also very fortunate to have a lovely husband. Whatever size I am, he's always complimented me and tried to make me feel beautiful. He makes me healthy lunch every day and cooks me healthy dinners most nights too. I'm very thankful!

Definitely thankful for my health. I'm grateful I haven't done more damage than I have so far in terms of impact of obesity on my health.

And I'm thankful for my beloved little pooch, who is always ready to accompany me for a walk or watch me doing weights at home - a wonderful personal trainer!
  • creativecritters77
    creativecritters77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding the love of your life and starting on the road to good health! You look great! I have so many things to be thankful for myself, including finding my own true love, who's also into health and fitness. I'm also thankful for my furry "kids" who make me smile every day. The dogs are excellent walking and running partners and the cats are totally into yoga ;)
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!! You have made amazing progress. Congrats on getting married as well. o:)
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    @katanak9 and @creativecritters77 Thank you both. It sounds like your SO's are pretty terrific, too. Our cat likes to help me with yoga poses but mostly works as a great heating pad if I have a sore spot.
    @CalPolyBronco Thank you, we are certainly having a lot of fun together.
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Wow. Look at you girl. Thank you for sharing your story. It is inspiring. Uplifting. And it gives hope to others.
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    @hypodonthaveme I was diagnosed with hypothyroid when I was 8 years old and I learned about 8 yrs ago that I have PCOS. I sent you a friend request. Feel free to reach out, I am happy to help.
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you have been added :)
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @StacyChrz I'm a PCOS gal too! I was just complaining about it in another thread the other day, haha.
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    @katanak9 PCOS is incredibly common and seems to effect people in different ways. I have learned that it makes me very sensitive to the hormones in dairy products. When I stop eating dairy my cycles become much more regular.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!