Anyone started orlistat??

mahnazmalik
mahnazmalik Posts: 9 Member
I started orlistat since yesterday. Anyone else recently started it or started before or tried plz share. Want to make a group for motivation.

Replies

• Readie26
    Readie26 Posts: 1 Member
    What is that ?
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Readie26 wrote: »
    What is that ?

Alli
  • mahnazmalik
    mahnazmalik Posts: 9 Member
    Its a medicine help to lose weight by not letting 1/3 of fat digest.
  • mariv0
    mariv0 Posts: 45 Member
    Mmm, if I could give you two pieces of advice about this drug, it's the below two.

1) It's not a miracle. It blocks a little bit of fat from getting through. You aren't going to lose weight simply by taking it. Don't give yourself that hope. If you're already losing weight, because you're cutting down on fat, you're going to continue to do it with or without it. Which brings me to point two.

2) If you think you're going to lose weight by not limiting fat or eating the same amount of calories but increasing fat, because this miracle drug blocks fat! then you may as well invest in some diapers.

My slightly less harsh nursing opinion is that it's meant as a tool for those already committed and disciplined to speed up the process a little bit. Don't rely on it, and be prepared for the consequences if you cheat. And if your insurance doesn't cover it, then you can definitely find better investments for the money.
  • dmmfox
    dmmfox Posts: 45 Member
    I've used it. I can't say for sure if I lost any more weight while using it. But I can say it definitely reminds you if you're not limiting the fat in your diet. My weakness foods are all cheese related so for me personally, limiting fatty food limited my total calorie intake.
  • bluesy92
    bluesy92 Posts: 3 Member
    I've been on orlistat for 10 weeks and I've lost 26lb so far.

I think it's great however it only works if you eat right with it and limit you fatty foods.
    If you don't then you will regret it! (there are plenty of stories online about it)

For me it's been good because i really am wholeheartedly trying to loose weight by eating right and exercising and i feel like it has just boosted my weightloss, it isn't a miracle drug by any means! For me it acts as something to make sure i stay 100% on track, i made the mistake of having a take away pizza near the beginning and it was enough to put me off completely.

It works - if you work hard too.
  • elliepop22
    elliepop22 Posts: 58 Member
    What strength are you on 60mg or 120mg ( and is your brand Xenical ) just be careful it can cause abdominal cramps, sweats , and leave a fatty residue in you're toilet and underwear , It's a very strong drug , So be prepared and always rehydrate ..