Losing 25 pounds?!?

Options
Is it healthy for a 5'5 140 pound woman to lose 25 pounds in one month? And will I get lose skin? :s

Replies

• Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You will not lose 25 pounds in one month safely at your stats. You would have to be extremely, life-threatneingly obese for this to be "safe" in the most liberal sense of the word. I don't know about the loose skin since this is not something most people would even attempt.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Two pounds per week is the highest recommended weight loss. Any more than that and you should be under the direct supervision of a doctor. And even a doctor isn't going to approve that unless you are morbidly obese. With only 25 pounds to lose if you were to lose it one month you would most likely be losing muscle mass as well.
  • ivybaylen
    ivybaylen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with Eddie.......I lost 85lbs in 14month and kept it off for 3years to date!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Is it healthy for a 5'5 140 pound woman to lose 25 pounds in one month? And will I get lose skin? :s

Really??? This can't be a real question.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    In case 3 opinions are not enough, I'll fourth it! Really, at your current weight, you should not be aiming to lose 25lbs in a month!! It's not possible to do it in a healthy way, and even under medical monitoring (if you find a whack doctor who would support you on this) you'd probably lose mostly muscle mass...
    My advice to you is, look really closely at why you are setting such an extreme goal for yourself? What's gearing such ambition? Are your goals realistic? Please please, be healthy don't set yourself up for failure and disease.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Only if you were morbidly obese, maybe. But at a healthy BMI, absolutely not. 4-5 pounds, sure.
  • ivybaylen
    ivybaylen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, and when I began my journey I was 205lbs, with high blood pressure, and was border line type 2 diabetes....I ate good whole foods, watched my calorie intake, and I exercise. I lost between 2.5-3lbs a week. I kept my Macros in check and within 14 months I lost 85lbs and kept it off for 3 years to date. (Current 120lbs) I don't have extra sagging skin because I lost it gradually.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    iutscq4yciwi.jpeg