Exercise for the weak muscled

Options
Hi there, i have an illness which limits my exercise and therefore i can't lose the wight I want to.
I have Fibromyalgia which affects me all over, i can walk for a bit with the help of my crutches after a long period but am not sure what else I can do at home to help.
Any suggestions??
:happy: Thanks all

Replies

• HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    My mom has this issue too. Its hard. I suggest doing upper body/arm stuff... close to the heart is aerobic. Look for upper body exercises.

I don't know if you watched Biggest Loser but there was that guy who couldn't do anything lower body for weeks. He did air sparing and did great with weightloss.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a pool? Water aerobics is a great workout, but doesn't put pressure on your joints.
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Use the stretchy bands and get creative!! You can do so many exercises with those and work all muscle groups... Google some ideas based on the furniture you have in your home... The tension you can apply to your muscles is soo good for you!
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Everything you can do standing up, you can pretty much do seated. I used to teach chair-based aerobics and strength training at a retirement home and we worked every muscle group from our chairs. Start with some basic range of motion exercises for each joint and then gradually add in some weight.

For chair-based cardio, you can march in place, add controlled kicks, high march, punch straight out, across your body, towards the ceiling, side step....put on some music and dance from your seat! Just remember to keep your movements controlled so you don't strain anything, but doing stuff like this daily will help you be more active and burn calories. When you get good at doing this from a chair, get yourself a fitness ball and do these exercises while balancing to really engage your core. You can make this totally fun with some upbeat music!
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Use the stretchy bands and get creative!! You can do so many exercises with those and work all muscle groups... Google some ideas based on the furniture you have in your home... The tension you can apply to your muscles is soo good for you!

What she said!!!
  • monkeysocks84
    monkeysocks84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I could use the pool there is a free disability class once a week, and using the stretchy band i have for my arms I could use for my legs too i guess, you never really think of these things until someone points them out to you.
    And the chair ideas are great I could do them at home at my partners and at work...Thank you so so much :happy: