Pho caramelized fish calories?

Options
EricFFord
EricFFord Posts: 24 Member
I had lunch today at a Pho place called Saigon City in Springfield, VA. Great food. I got a caramelized fish over steamed white rice. I cannot find any information on this on-line as far as what the calorie count might be. Does anyone have an idea of what type of sauce is put on that. It was a brown sauce, not a lot of spice, more sweet than anything. Just trying to figure out how many calories I have left for dinner!! Thanks.
Eric in DC.

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It sounds a whole lot like unagi (BBQ eel sushi).
  • AAJoseph
    AAJoseph Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Unagi... sounds like the sauce may have been Eel sauce (Kabayaki sauce).
  • jinxywinx
    jinxywinx Posts: 38
    Options
  • rmstorey
    rmstorey Posts: 24
    Options
    I had lunch today at a Pho place called Saigon City in Springfield, VA. Great food. I got a caramelized fish over steamed white rice. I cannot find any information on this on-line as far as what the calorie count might be. Does anyone have an idea of what type of sauce is put on that. It was a brown sauce, not a lot of spice, more sweet than anything. Just trying to figure out how many calories I have left for dinner!! Thanks.
    Eric in DC.

I don't kow about your calories, but I love that restaurant! I live in Alexandria.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    Not that this is much help for you right now, but next time pay attention to the vietnamese name of it... You can usually find calories by searching the other name.

When I'm in this situation I will add the meat into MFP then just add a TBSP of veg oil and a TBSP or 2 (or 3... whatever it seemed like) of some kind of sauce... so approx 300 cals for sauce/oil and then whatever the fish was... might not be totally accurate but seems like a decent guess And if anything, it's probably more cals than you actually had...
  • EricFFord
    EricFFord Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great information guys. I think I have a good idea of what I can have for dinner... thinking salad at this point! : )