How do i create a gym plan?

Hi,

How do I create a job plan, I have no idea what I need to do a gym sometimes was wondering if anyone has any tips or is there an app or something personal training is expensive.

Thanks.

Replies

• needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    there are many programs available on web if you search for
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Don't create, duplicate.

Get a canned program and follow it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    If you are not experienced and are just starting, creating your own plan is not a good idea.
    Start with defining your goals: lose weight? increase endurance? flexibility? strength? gain more muscle?
    Then figure out what you like doing: workout on your own? look for classes? a sport? being outdoors?
    Finally figure out a draft schedule: e.g. if you can exercise 4 times per week, and you know you love running, you can do this twice per week and then you need to fill the other 2 workouts. Or if there are some classes you love 3 times per week and that is the max you can dedicate to the gym, you have your answer.
    If you are looking for what to do on your own at the gym, most places offer a basic plan they can give to new members. It might not be perfect, but it will be better than anything you will come up with on your own as a beginner.
    Alternatively, google is your friend : look for beginner programs, again based on your preferences and goals. E.g. beginner strength training program, then find somethign that works with the equipment you have and the time you can dedicate.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I generally agree with the others... there's probably no need to create your own plan with soooo many established ones already out there.

Decide on how much time you have to spend at the gym and what you want to do (both your goals and what machines/equipment you want to use), then find a routine well suited to those criteria.

I'm sure there are some folks here who could make some recommendations if you gave a bit more info.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    I exercise at home and use FitnessBlenders programs. You can also print them and take them to the gym to use.
    The answer to your question: I didn't create one, I bought it. Many on the site are free.
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Stronglifts.com there's even an app. Wish I had found this years ago. All free.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Just follow a structure program: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Creating your own program will just lead to an ineffective program and reduce progress.