Water and exercise

Options
Ok so over the past few weeks I've been drinking allot more water. I started noticing that ever since then I sweat allot more then i use to. Is this normal and good? I do zumba and before i never really sweat but now i'm sweating like crazy :)

Replies

• AAJoseph
    AAJoseph Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    As long as you feel alright... sweat sweat sweat away... it is a natural way for your body to get toxins out and more importantly cool down!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's exactly what you should be doing! Your body is comfortable letting go of water (instead of retaining it) because you're drinking enough. Best of all, as you're drinking enough, you're lowering your primary risk factor for a host of diseases AND you're mobilizing fat so it'll burn easier!

Well done and keep up the great work!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump! I was just going to post this! I am sweating like I never have before, and I use to play volleyball, soccer, basketball, softball, and swam and would still just "glisten" no matter how hard I worked instead of full on sweat. I was assuming it was because I have really upped my water intake and am no longer in a constant state of dehydration
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I actually posted this exact same question a few months ago. I felt like all I did was sweat! But I was told it's completely normal and very healthy. So, sweat on sista!
  • AlMusallam_47
    Options
    its a good thing ,your losing water waight which isnt fat but its good to
    keep drinking ;p

add me if would like :D
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    You're likely better hydrated and your metabolic rate has been boosted. Sweat is good!!!