New to the community & wouldn't turn down supportive MFP friends :)

Options
Hello!

Where to begin...

I've used MyFitnessPal off and on for about 3 years or so. I used to be like many people who have also posted on here - I would work on a healthier lifestyle, just to have unhealthy binge eating occur every few weeks or so. Sometimes it was just for a day, sometimes weeks.

Eventually, other aspects of my life took priority over my health, essentially shoving my attempt at a healthier lifestyle to the back burner.

That is, until I was recently diagnosed as a diabetic. This didn't truly surprise me, yet it came as a severe blow anyways. My grandmother on my mom's side had diabetes, and my grandfather passed away a couple of years ago from diabetes. Needless to say, that gave me the jumpstart I needed to re-evaluate the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle.

As it stands now, I've been on this new journey of healthy living for about 2 months now and have lost 20lbs. My doctor is enthusiastic I can manage diabetes after our 6-week follow-up showed my A1C drop from 8 to 6.3. (It may not seem like a big deal if you don't know much about your sugar levels and what is considered being "diabetic", but trust me it is.)

As we all know, it definitely isn't easy. Having to adjust your lifestyle is hard, but boy is it worth it. I'm lucky enough to have friends and family to support my endeavor, but I realize that folks within this community can really relate to what I'm going through in a way that family and friends cannot. Just figured I would step out of my comfort zone (WAY out, most folks don't know I'm diabetic) and extend the olive branch to anyone else who would appreciate a supportive new friend. :)

Replies

• Exercisewoman
    Exercisewoman Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    HI you can add me for support. I've been on here quite a while now. I support a lot but also need it too as I've been struggling to exercise properly for the past 2 months.
  • Fitlondongirlu
    Fitlondongirlu Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! Always here for support :)
  • pipsydoodles
    pipsydoodles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the hunt for new friends to keep me motivated!!