New and wanting to change my life

Options
lafler1
lafler1 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Anna
I'm 23 and have been overweight all my life pretty much. I can't remember being under 230lbs I'm 6'2" and over 260 now. I want to get fit and healthy I'm an insulin dependant diabetic with high cholesterol. I'm not sure where to begin. I've tried different diets and tried exercising but in the end I never stick to anything I don't keep the motivation. I never finish anything I start and I don't know how to change that.

Replies

• lafler1
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm also working 4 very physically demanding jobs and trying to support myself I'm on my own for the first time living halfway across the country from my family. This may be tmi but my fiancé just went to prison 2 weeks ago and I'm struggling emotionally with that. And physically struggling because of my work I just need help and don't know where to begin
  • DeliRoutledge79
    DeliRoutledge79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna,

It sounds like things are a little tough for you. The good news is you have already made a start by logging onto MFP and asking for support. Please feel free to add me. I'm on a long journey too to lose over 100lbs and I am more than happy to help, support and motivate people who are just trying to make things better for themselves.
    Start by filling in your profile which will then give you the calories for the day and just start logging what you eat and drink. See how you go for a week, don't worry too much if you slip up just ease yourself into it gently. Once you have your first weight loss it will seem easier. Logging in MFP becomes natural after a while and you will soon get hooked on it. The control of food, exercise and some weight loss will lift your mood too.

Good luck on your journey, please feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • lafler1
    Options
    Thank you :) your reply lifted my spirits. It's good to know people want to help