Why is it so hard to lose 5 lbs?

Options
Why???? You would think it is easy to lose just 5 lbs but it's not.

Replies

• Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have 8 pounds to go and I really want to lose them by June 16. Cruise to Bermuda and then 2 week in Cape Cod.
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Pam. I know my problem is my food.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Your body is inclined to want to stay like it is. You gotta show it who's boss sometimes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    lorrpb is right. If this is about "the last X pounds": You are at a healthy weight and any further loss will not improve your health and probably not your appearance. Lots of people wants us to never be satisfied - because there's lots of money in creating dissatisfaction. At some point one has to draw the line for what's considered good enough. Decide if 5 pounds is worth the effort. For comparison - I have a maintenance range of 7 pounds.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Pam. I know my problem is my food.

What about your food? Too much? Not filling? Not tracked? And why 5lbs?
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My goal is 10 lbs to lose but I can't seem to get these 5 lbs off first. It seems accomplishable but harder than I thought.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    My goal is 10 lbs to lose but I can't seem to get these 5 lbs off first. It seems accomplishable but harder than I thought.
    Are you weighing all the solid and semi solid food you consume in gram son a food scale and choosing correct database entries? How much sodium are you consuming? Also, how long have you been losing weight? Have you started a new exercise program? What is your deficit? A small deficit requires the utmost accuracy and precision... No guessing, no cups/spoons.

• Evolvingthinker
    Evolvingthinker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    - I have a maintenance range of 7 pounds.

I like that idea of setting a maintenance range goal. How did you decide 7 lbs was a good range?
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Since this thread is 7 weeks old.. did you lose the last 5 pounds? :smile:
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    The less you have to lose, the harder it is, because you have less room to create a calorie deficit and less room for error.

This :-/ but it's totally possible
  • justinfarmer919
    justinfarmer919 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stop eating carbs!!!!!!!! KETO!!!!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Stop eating carbs!!!!!!!! KETO!!!!

Absolutely no need for Keto. Just a calorie deficit
  • kadybug97
    kadybug97 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In the same boat as you! Well I have 8 to lose. Once you reach a "normal" weight, body composition is more important. You could be losing body fat even if the scale doesn't budge! This is a hard concept for me to grasp because I tend to rely on the scale to calculate my progress. When I was overweight I lost 4 lbs per month, now I'm at a normal weight and only losing 2 lbs per month. Just keep going and the trust the process! :)