Hi, I' New

Options
I just started a weight loss program last Tuesday with my sister in law. But I need help with support and motivation to keep going. I'm a single mom who's kids are recently starting their own lives and it is hard to find the support I need right now. Any suggestions or words of wisdom are appreciated.
I work two jobs to support myself and finding time to exercise is difficult for me at times (besides motivation to do). I have lived like this for so long that it is hard to change but I truly want too!!!!!!

Like many others I have tried different weight loss programs and some with success but within a few months have fallen off the wagon. I love the out doors, helping people and sewing, quilting, etc. Hope to hear from you all.

Replies

• ali911
    ali911 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started a weight loss program last Tuesday with my sister in law. But I need help with support and motivation to keep going. I'm a single mom who's kids are recently starting their own lives and it is hard to find the support I need right now. Any suggestions or words of wisdom are appreciated.
    I work two jobs to support myself and finding time to exercise is difficult for me at times (besides motivation to do). I have lived like this for so long that it is hard to change but I truly want too!!!!!!

Like many others I have tried different weight loss programs and some with success but within a few months have fallen off the wagon. I love the out doors, helping people and sewing, quilting, etc. Hope to hear from you all.
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site, and the people on here are the best support you can get! Glad to have you!:flowerforyou:
  • ali911
    ali911 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks, I'm excited about trying something new. I have never done this before so I'm learning something new as well.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: Glad to have you.:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
    As for exercise, it's always nice to walk whenever the weather cooperates!
    I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored. Maybe you can do something like that. :smile: