Drinking red wine be4 bed helps lose weight, T/F?

Options
karmaefit86
karmaefit86 Posts: 55 Member
I heard that drinking a glass or two of red wine helps you lose weight , wait...what? ...Come again? Just curious to hear what people think about this , and any good selections of red wine out there?

Replies

• ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Maybe water weight because of the alcohol. But I find that a few ounces do a good job of suppressing my appetite if I'm hungry before dinner :)
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    False. Metabolizing alcohol takes priority over other energy stores at night, so it will only delay any real weight loss with respect to body fat.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you are below your calories for the day, yes
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It doesn't help you lose weight any more than drinking a glass of milk or eating a sandwich before bed.
    Weight loss is about eating or drinking the right number of calories. If you can fit wine in your calorie goal and want to drink it then do so.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I heard that drinking a glass or two of red wine helps you lose weight , wait...what? ...Come again? Just curious to hear what people think about this , and any good selections of red wine out there?

LOL! False.

Only if the glass or two you do drink, when added to your daily calories consumed, equals a calorie deficit for the day will you see weight loss.

There are no short cuts. http://www.acaloriecounter.com/blog/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/
  • karmaefit86
    karmaefit86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback! I Knew this was too good to be true lol! And yes I understand, THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS!! Thanks I'll see if I can squeeze it in my caloric intake when I get to enjoy the glass of red wine one day. My husband is underway and I have 3 little ones, I can't indulge in quite a treat just yet, but I'll be prepared by August how to do It the right way. Thanks again!!

Thnx for the link!!