Good morning and hello!

Options
mobleycd
mobleycd Posts: 4 Member
My name is Cara and I just started a weight loss program through my doctor that includes a nutritionist, trainer, medication and gym time 3 days a week. I feel more motivated then I ever have, and I am at my HEAVIEST ever weight...I hate it!
I was always "thick", but at around 135, 140 and in size 8 I was active and ate what I wanted pretty much. I probably won't see that again and that's ok....I would be happy at 160 to 175...maybe a size 12 to 14 as long as I have stamina and energy. Feeling good is my main goal!
Anyone else taking phentermine and if so, what was your experience?

Replies

• its_laura_btw
    its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Cara! I'm sorta in the same boat as you weight wise, I'm at my heaviest ever! I've always been a bit on the pudgy side, but I let myself go. I'm a big binger on bad foods, so I'm trying to cut it all out for now hoping I get over these cravings and then start teaching myself not to binge heh.
    Happy to hear you're motivated! You can do this! I'll send you a friend request and we can keep an eye on each other :)
  • mobleycd
    Options
    Thanks Laura! I expect that it will take a full year. I used to get so discouraged by that thought and just did NOTHING which is dumb...I would have been there by now! Lol
  • jodiann_xo
    jodiann_xo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Cara! Good luck to you! As long as you stay focused and motivated, you'll do great. I was successful on MFP before, and then let my binge eating get the best of me. I used to love to eat until I was so full that I couldn't move, I now realize that wasn't normal or at all good for me. It's been 24 days since I've been consistent and down 7, with no exercise. I'm going to add that in this week. I think it's all about motivation, and consistency. Once again, Good Luck! :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Cara :smiley: No I don't take phentermine but saw your post and thought I'd pop in and say hello! I have lost over 100+ lbs changing the way I eat and adding a variety of workouts. Sharing that because there are many that have lost without using drugs.

Please be careful using that, OK? :| Some don't have a very good experience... there are numerous threads discussing this very topic under the search archives.
    I imagine others will also chime in here on both sides here though.

Have a wonderful Day! :)
  • mobleycd
    Options
    Thanks, I don't want to do it for very long...just to get a good jump start. Seeing some movement on the scale that's more substantial is all it takes for me
  • shannon_mar
    shannon_mar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started Phentermine 1 1/2weeks ago.... I started at 202lb and I'm now 196.6lbs. I have been working out at the gym also 3x a week......
  • tland73
    tland73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started taking Phentermine 4 weeks ago today and have lost 21 lbs. I love phentermine! I have a ton of energy and it keeps me from overeating. I have developed a healthy eating lifestyle that I intend to live by from now on! I am eating a low carb Palio diet. I'm amazed at how the weight is just melting off! I went from 225 lbs to 204. Tomorrow is my first follow up visit with my Doctor!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hello! im taking phentermine too and following a a low carb diet since May 11. I am down 10 lbs already. I started at 186 and now 176 lbs.Phentermine is helping me with my energy levels but i attribute my weight loss to my diet. Alhtough i eat low carb, i still watch my portions and workout 3 x a week. Best of luck to you!