Protein Shake for Vegetarians or Halal or Kosher

Options
Hi there

For religious reasons I can only eat halal meat or products using animal derivatives from halal meat. I can possibly consume Kosher products and definitely anything suitable for vegetarians.

Does anybody know of a good protein shake suitable for vegetarians or halal or kosher?

Thanks

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Hi there

For religious reasons I can only eat halal meat or products using animal derivatives from halal meat. I can possibly consume Kosher products and definitely anything suitable for vegetarians.

Does anybody know of a good protein shake suitable for vegetarians or halal or kosher?

Thanks

i'm not sure how the halal or kosher thing works... but...

most protein shakes are made from a milk derivitive: casein or whey, soy protein, egg protein, or a combination of these. Considering none of them are meat.... wouldn't they all be okay?
  • GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh ok I didn't know that! I thought they were made from bone, isn't whey powder ground down bone? I'm new to the world of protein shakes, I thought the use bone or something from the meat of the animal. I'll do some research because if it is as you said, they should all be fine. Thank you!
  • Cohalligan
    Cohalligan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like Vega protein powders. They are Vegan and their protein is derived from: pea protein, SaviSeed [sacha inchi] protein, hemp seed protein, sprouted whole grain brown rice protein. (Directly from their website.)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Oh ok I didn't know that! I thought they were made from bone, isn't whey powder ground down bone? I'm new to the world of protein shakes, I thought the use bone or something from the meat of the animal. I'll do some research because if it is as you said, they should all be fine. Thank you!

Whey is a milk product.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I eat halal and all protein powders that I've come across are halal. Whey is a milk protein. It's the protein bars you need to watch out for, some do have gelatin in them.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    plant fusion is another good vegan protein powder if you want to avoid whey for any reason.
  • GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ahhh im so happy to hear all these options - thank you!