Vegetarian/pescatarian iifym

Options
I'm having trouble trying to figure out a good ratio for my calories fat and carbs without going over my carbs with quinoa and beans and a hard time getting enough protein can anyone help me figure out a good ratio and or share their diary if you also are a vegetarian on iifym?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Beans have lots more protein than quinoa. Maybe double up on the beans and skip the quinoa.
    Look through your journal to see what other foods give you more protein and eat those. :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What are your goals set to right now? And what are you actually getting?

Generally, things like tofu, tempeh, and seitan will deliver more protein with fewer carbohydrates.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Do you eat fish & cheese? Both have protein, also tofu, quorn mince & other veggie options.
  • lashmonster
    lashmonster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What are your current macros? I am a Vegetarian doing IITFYM and am happy to share what I have come up with. I am eating a lot of protein these last few months for an upcoming show and am finding it's easy to get a lot in with a few staple foods but in lots of different ways.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    homemade seitan gives you a lot of protein with few calories and carbs and can be customized for taste. and plant fusion makes a good vegan protein powder, though, like all protein powders, it is pretty calorie dense.
  • lydiaellen875
    lydiaellen875 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What are your current macros? I am a Vegetarian doing IITFYM and am happy to share what I have come up with. I am eating a lot of protein these last few months for an upcoming show and am finding it's easy to get a lot in with a few staple foods but in lots of different ways.

Right now I'm at
    81 protein
    162 carbs
    72 fat

My friend set it up but I'm not sure that it's right.