Help! Energy needed!

jenvens
jenvens Posts: 159 Member
edited September 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone take any vitamins or something to help with their energy levels?

I find it hard to find the energy to do anything right now...let alone WORKOUT! I don't want to take diet pills because I want to do this the "right" way but any natural supplement recommendations would help! (Also not so expensive ones so that I won't have to break my son's piggy bank would be awesome as well!)

Thanks!

Replies

• kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Have you tried working out first thing in the morning? I used to be tired during the day, but not since starting the AM routine! I usually have to rub the sleep from my eyes, but once I'm at the gym, it's easy.
  • Yes! I take a food based multivitamin. New chapter one a day for women. You can find them at central market or whole foods. There are other good brands but they can get a little pricey. Chia seeds are great for energy too. I put two tablespoons in yogurt. They are high in omegas and fiber as well. Also greens work wonders for energy. I like Amazing grass. They have lots of varieties and regularly go on sale. Dates are also good too. Greens + is a bar that is a combo of greens and dates. Renew life makes a high fiber bar with dates and greens too. They are yummy too. Flax seed. Hemp seeds.... The list goes on.....
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Yes Try working out first thing in the morning, and you should also get your iron levels checked... if you are anemic that could be making you tired. :)
  • masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    I use Spark. It is a sugar-free energy drink. It is powder and you put it in your water. It is long lasting too. I havent had coffee in 2-weeks. It has been a miracle to me.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Paradoxically, working out will give you energy. Energy to do the things you need to do...weird, but true. The more I lay around, the more I want to lay around. The more I exercise, the more willing I am to exercise. Don't think about it. For heaven's sake don't let that inner child whine about it for more than 3 seconds. "I don wanna!". Shut that kid up and just do it. The grown up in you knows what's best for you. Take charge.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    How much sleep are you getting? Sleeping too little or too much can affect how you feel.
This discussion has been closed.