First time w/Advocare 24-Day Cleanse

Options
Hi All....

I'm back on the band-wagon and planning on keeping my motivation and life changes firmly in place this time.

A friend has convinced me to kick-start my healthier life by trying the Advocare 24-Day cleanse. Anyone have any tips, recommendations, experiences they would be willing to share?

And, I'm always looking for additions to my support circle. Send me a friend request in interested!

Have a great Monday. <3

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    don't listen to your friend, there's no need to do a 'cleanse' - eat at deficit and you'll lose weight, simple :smile:

^^^This.

Seriously, that stuff is junk. It's expensive and won't help you reach your goals any faster. A calorie deficit is what you need.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    "Kick starting" a diet is not necessary. Cleanses are a fad right now and a waste of money. A cleanse is just diarrea--if your friend said "I'll suggest something to give you diarrea for 24 days", would you still do it? Sometimes posters come on and tell how they wound up in the hospital doing a cleanse. If you're bound and determined to do it at least get your doctors OK. If you think about it and decide it's really not such a good idea, just follow MFP's calorie goal everyday, and weigh everything on a digital food scale. Read the beginners information. This is the best and safest way to lose the weight. With cleanses, you often put it all back on + some friends. Good luck whatever you decide.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't call someone a friend, who tries pushing that stuff on you. It's just another MLM gimmick.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Some friend <roll eyes>
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I have a friend selling and using that stuff - thank the gods she doesn't push it on people.

She's gaining weight.

She does good a week or two with whatever magic you follow each week then loses her mind from deprivation and has a cheat day.

She posts pics on Facebook of her massive cheat day cooking. Yesterday is was mac n cheese extra cheese, some kind of unidentifiable meat floating in greasy cheesy sauce, bread, green beans - again greasy cuz this is the south and you gotta add pot liquor :s, mashed potatoes with you guessed it, cheese, corn and then a cake AND a pie.

It was a family meal but even her portion I'd bet money was several thousand calories thus cancelling all her sad shake, pill, spark whatever deficit.

I'd rather count calories and eat good stuff so I'm never tempted to eat whatever the heck her meal was - I'm guessing she was a bit fat macro starved.

Cleanses pad someone else's wallet. They benefit from your 24 hour toilet day.

• justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I like to cleanse weekly.... I don't change my diet routine .... I like two or three days a week where I double my water intake .... water and exercise will always keep you cleansed :)
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the money back on all the different "Kick-Starts" I've done over the last 120 years (ok only 40) -- Please do NOT waste your money. Slow and steady wins this race. No need to kick start anything and drive yourself nuts in the process. Don't say I'll start Monday - start today - wait, this is Monday! Moral of this story - start today, don't kick start anything - change your lifestyle with sensible calories and activity and WHAM you are Kicked and Started! Zero $$$$ !!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Check your owners manual. Mine says my model year needs no added cleansing. YMMV.☺