Can't seem to lose more weight..

Options
I've been eating clean and kinda working out for 2 weeks and my weight stopped going down. What should I do? I eat 1,200 clean calories, drink lots of water, and burn at least 200 a day.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You've been at this for two weeks and have lost some weight? Sounds like it is working! Keep going, you've got this!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, but often when people don't lose as expected it's due to logging issues. Are you using a food scale to weigh your food?

When you say your weight "stopped" going down, what do you mean? How much have you lost? When did you last lose? You might just need to be patient. You aren't going to lose weight every single day.
  • Aihs808
    Aihs808 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, but often when people don't lose as expected it's due to logging issues. Are you using a food scale to weigh your food?

When you say your weight "stopped" going down, what do you mean? How much have you lost? When did you last lose? You might just need to be patient. You aren't going to lose weight every single day.

I opened my diary. I log everything even though I don't have a scale. I should get one though. I've lost like 10 pounds in maybe 3 weeks ... Now this post sounds stupid lol disregard it
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Aihs808 wrote: »

I opened my diary. I log everything even though I don't have a scale. I should get one though. I've lost like 10 pounds in maybe 3 weeks ... Now this post sounds stupid lol disregard it

Yeah, that's plenty to lose in three weeks.
  • pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Aihs808 wrote: »

Your diary is still not open.

Edited to remove incorrect info and to diregard your post.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Well in 3 weeks you have had large losses, as 2lbs per week is the highest loss recommended by MFP, that said when someone starts out they often have heartening large losses initially.

Whatever you were doing has been working up till now, however for accuracy's sake buying and always using a food scale will help you augment and clarify you CI-CO and remove one reason as to why you have stopped losing. It also helps to know that weight loss isn't linear and doesn't always happen every week. Patience and persistence throughout will help you stay on track.

Also, weight loss at its best isn't necessarily defined by the highest amount you can lose in the shortest possible time frame. I think success on into maintenance is best defined by being able to sustain both diet and exercise for the long term and be eating in such a way that you find you can achieve far into the future.

I wish you all the best.