Help me out please!!

Options
I've been working out for a long time, and I'm finding it really hard to loose the last 10 pounds or so. I've been told that I'm fat, so it's hard for me to see myself in a positive light.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Who told you that you're fat?
  • Katie662016
    Katie662016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,5, and 143 pounds
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You are not fat! I'm 5'4" and have been at 143 and up. You might not feel totally comfortable with that weight, but you are definitely NOT fat. Please take that remark in context. Who said it? In what tone of voice? What was their intent?

Meanwhile, don't get discouraged! You've already made progress and continue working out, right? Do it for yourself and be proud of the care you take! They say the last 10 pounds are the hardest, but you will get there!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You are about my height and that sounds like your max weight but I would love to be that skinny. Who ever told you you were fat has no idea of what fat really is . Tell them to go jump in the lake or to before opening there mouth if they can't say something nice then do not say anything at all and to look at themselves in a mirror first they might not have any room to talk and it is God's job to judge us not other humans
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Nope, not fat! I'm 5'5" as well and just got down to 147 and am 2 pounds away from my goal weight. I may shoot for lower once I reach that because my belly is a little bigger than I'd like, but right now I'm ecstatic over the way I'm looking. What have you been doing up til now to lose? Are you weighing your food to make sure you're eating at a deficit? Like the above poster said the last few pounds are the hardest. Just keep up the good work and if anyone calls you fat tell them where to go!
  • Katie662016
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the encouraging remarks. I think that the person who said it just didn't know what they wee talking about. Its nice to hear the success stories you all so nicely took the time to write out. I feel better about myself thanks to you guys. Thank you soooo much.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,5, and 143 pounds

Katie whoever said that to you might be jealous. I get the feeling you might still be in school? If you're in school stick to what you're doing and work on your confidence, get involved in something you enjoy - sports, art, music, dance, whatever you like! I was in your spot too and other girls are just out to bring you down a notch to try and make themselves "look better". Girls are ruthless. Chin up girl you'll only see those girls for 3-4 years then you're OUT!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 140 pounds. Regardless of your body composition you are not considered overweight. If you are exercising and not seeing the results you want you should take a look at what you are eating. Try not to let other people's harsh comments change how you feel about yourself.
  • mostein
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 140 pounds. Regardless of your body composition you are not considered overweight. If you are exercising and not seeing the results you want you should take a look at what you are eating. Try not to let other people's harsh comments change how you feel about yourself.
  • mostein
    Options
  • Katie662016
    Options
    Thank you so much. you are right, I'm in school. It was a younger boy who said it though, but I feel a lot better now seeing how much you all are helping me out with this. I really can't thank you enough.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I remember some of the pathetic things boys said to me in school. Keep your chin up and know you are the better person! *hugs*
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much. you are right, I'm in school. It was a younger boy who said it though, but I feel a lot better now seeing how much you all are helping me out with this. I really can't thank you enough.

You have to be 18 to use this site