Lets lose some fat!

Options
saumilp
saumilp Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone, I'm a software engineer so my job is sitting at a desk 8 hours a day then go home and sit at my own desk for another 6 hours before laying in bed with my phone trying to fall asleep. I used to be a gym rat before I finished school but it all went down hill from there as I lost track of my health and I went from 15% BF at 170 to about 25% BF at 190 and I didn't even notice. I gained it so fast that I literally cant run more than 200 meters without my calves giving me hell because they arent used to carrying the extra 20 pounds of un coordinated fat.

That is the past tho, all that is about to change. Over this weekend I've devised a plan to lose maximum fat while maintaining and building muscle.

I'll be eating 6 meals at about 200 to 250 calories a day to reach a goal between 1300 and 1500. My BMR is about 2100 to 2300ish plus about 400 calories burned every day throgh 2 cardio sessions and 1 weight lifting session 4 day of the week. This should leave my body to use some of the precious resources it has been hoarding. So If you want to stay motivated together and get fit feel free to add me and hold me to my promises I shall do the same :smile:

Thanks
Sam

Replies

• AHealthyMe1lbAtATime
    AHealthyMe1lbAtATime Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose some fat too! Add me if you like:)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    With that much exercise and that big of a deficit, you can also plan on losing some of the muscle you already have. Something to think about.
  • saumilp
    saumilp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My nutrition plan isnt the best it could be but I am planning on eating a lot of protein to avoid extensive muscle loss. Thought I've never had the opportunity to cut before in my life I will take any tips available. :smile:

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You need more calories. No way around that.
  • salazak59
    salazak59 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Be happy to join. 57 yrs, married, disable &retired. Grandfather to 13 grandkids. Father to 5 kids & 4 in-laws.
    1 month ago at the gym. I had a body composition done...292.4 lbs, 28% fat. I'm 6'4".
    I'm doing protein shakes 30 gr protein, 3 gr carbs, 12 gr bcaa. My goal is 250 lbs & between 15 & 20% fat. Haven't been to the gym for awhile, but getting back on the bandwagon. That's it in a nut shell.
  • sweetvalor
    sweetvalor Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Feel free to add me. I know it can take a little bit of time to get back into the swing of things, but with encouragement and support you can get going!