Thoughts on black coffee....

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If it's not full caffeine, it's not mine. I actually have a doctor's orders to keep drinking lots of coffee.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I drink 10 oz in the morning with 2 tablespoons of cream and 10 oz in the afternoon with 2 tablespoons of whole milk. I was told that it was good for my mild asthma and it's true. Most of the time, I don't need an inhaler while exercising because it helps dilate the lungs. It also helps with going to the bathroom, sometimes, but only when I drink cheaper brews.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If it is good quality, black is how it is meant to be
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    How does anyone eat donuts without black coffee???

Back when ... yes. But since my kids started using mfp and quit eating donuts I quit buying donuts and since then, no donuts. At work once a month they bring donuts for breakfast. I skipped it the last time.
  • fitnesslover74
    fitnesslover74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some coffee! I stop after my first big mug in the morning. I like mine with a little splenda and skim milk. I count on the laxative effect. When I am on a strict diet, coffee is the only thing that keeps my system moving.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-12 cups of black coffee a day most days of my life.

the resting heart rate makes this post awesome
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Always bet on black. Good for natural energy without harmful additives, can keep you regular, and has thermogenic effect as well!

Also read somewhere that black coffee can reverse (?) the damaging effects of alcohol on the liver, too. Not sure about the science behind that claim, but sounds good at face value!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have one really good, very strong, cup of black coffee on a morning then switch to decaf. I hate milk of any kind in coffee and after many years of drinking it black I got used to it that way.
    Strangely a few months back I had a stomach upset and didn't drink coffee for 3 days, I had a constant headache for 2 days straight which I put down to not having coffee (for the first time in years).
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If it is good quality, black is how it is meant to be

It's a matter of preference IMO. To say it's the ONLY way to drink it is ridiculous. I personally don't like black coffee good quality or not. I'll drink it if there's no cream available but it's not what I like or prefer. I also don't like extremely hot beverages so adding a splash of milk makes it tolerable for me to drink.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Coffee actually has some nutritional benefits...coffee has a very strong antioxidant capacity and is also a good source of magnesium and chromium.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Coffee is beneficial if you enjoy it, neutral if you don't care, and harmful if you're just trying to choke it down. If you get a stomachache and don't like the laxative effects then don't drink it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and drink at least 16 oz of it three times a day. However, I could never drink it black. I always add one packet of Better Stevia with coffee mate in my coffee.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-12 cups of black coffee a day most days of my life.

Same here.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    black coffee = life.
    period.