Getting in shape after baby

Options
Hello everyone! I need SUPPORT! My daughter is 3 now, and I have YET to rid my body of this baby weight. I've been using Myfitnesspal for over a month, and have lost 4 pounds, but need to lose 15 more!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Supportive friends needed. Thanks!

Replies

• PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    My son is turning 2 this year so I know how you feel! Feel free to add me:happy:
  • cichawes
    cichawes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!:smile:
  • daniellerp
    daniellerp Posts: 21
    Options
    That's awesome that you only have 15 more pounds to go!
    With both of my kids it took nearly 2 years to get the weight off....I'm still not there after my second. Yesterday I realized that I was 70 pounds lighter than I was at my last prenatal appt. whew...only having 27 more pounds to go seems easy compared to how far I have come.
    If you ever need an uplifitng thought just think of that....how far you have to go isn't that bad.
    I may not be completely happy with where I am but I am sure glad I'm not where I used to be.
  • livingpinkified
    Options
    My baby will be one in a few weeks and I still have 21 pounds to go. The best advice I can give you is, work out even when you don't want to. Start your day in your workout clothes. Get a three wheeled stroller and use it every day!!! My daughter loves the stroller. Think about the bikini you want to get back into. I want to be hot again and I am going to do it. You can too! Don't give up!
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    My baby will be 2 next month. I have 25 lbs left to get to my goal.
  • Charo1111
    Charo1111 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! My daughter just turned one and I have between 15-20 pounds to lose. I also have zero energy. Hopefully by working out I might get some energy going!
  • crysofmyk
    crysofmyk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! My son is now 2 1/2 and I still have 10 lbs to go until I'm at my pre pregnancy weight...and 35 until I'm at my ideal. I just started using myfitnesspal but I can tell it's going to help already! You can add me as a friend if you want the support.
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My son will be three in October and I finally decided to lose the weight beginning in Febuary. I know it's tough when you have a little one, I would much rather play with him than workout! You can do it though. I had my son late in life so it was important for me to stay healthy for him. On those days I don't want to workout or eat something I shouldn't, I tell myself I'm doing it for him. It's important we keep ourselves around as long as possible for them!

Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Have you tried something like the 30 Day Shred? It's inexpensive, you do the workout in about 20 minutes a day, and it gets great results.
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I can relate! My babies are 3 and 1, and it's hard finding the time and energy to take care of myself!
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose baby weight..unfortunately my baby will be 19 next month!! The best thing I've seen out there for moms is called Fit Moms For Life by Dustin Maher. He does bootcamps and things called Mommatone, Babytone and a few others. His goal is to help a million moms. Add me if you would like anyone, always looking for more MFP friends. Good luck!
  • cichawes
    cichawes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you! It is great to know I'm not alone in this fight!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    U can add me as a friend for support-I joined this site in jan~like 3 weeks postpartum-not only has it helped me lose all my baby weight but gave me great insight on foods and exercise that I never knew before. Also have lots of moms onn here that are now friends w/ to keep each other going. Keep up the great work!
  • stellarchic06
    stellarchic06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where you are coming from. My oldest son will be 4 in August and I just had another son in April. I really want to lose the weight as well. We had our youngest sons baptism on Fathers Day and after looking at the pictures of me I decided I had to do something! I hope for the best for you and good luck!!!
  • EmilyDezo
    EmilyDezo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a three year old and a 9 month old. Feel free to add me!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I've got 15lbs left from my 3rd kid.
  • stepha1013
    stepha1013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! My son is now 2 1/2 and I still have 10 lbs to go until I'm at my pre pregnancy weight...and 35 until I'm at my ideal. I just started using myfitnesspal but I can tell it's going to help already! You can add me as a friend if you want the support.

Wow, we could be MFP twins! My daughter is 2 1/2 and I have pretty much the same stats as you. I am going to friend you for support :)

I had been down to pre baby weight a year ago but I was on some different medicines for the last year, which made me feel miserable and I lost sight of maintaining a healthy weight when my meds would cause my body to different things. Now I am off the meds, feeling great and ready to get to my goal, which is 135, depending on how that weight looks on my body.

We'll ALL get there! Feel free to friend me for support :)
  • Jmac436
    Jmac436 Posts: 3
    Options
    My son is 14 months but didn't lose all the weight from after having my daughter who is getting ready to turn 4! I have a long way to go. I refuse to be this same size for my sons 2nd birthday!
  • Jmac436
    Jmac436 Posts: 3
    Options
    By the way moms... I stopped by the YMCA today. They have childcare during their spinning and Zumba classes...
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    I don't have kids, but I have what I like to refer to as the "grad school baby" - the pouch that grew where abs used to be! Lol...been trying to get rid of it for several years. Finally making some progress here, so best of luck to you. Stick with it, you can do it! Feel free to add me if you need some additional support!