what to do??

Options
So I started this 2 weeks ago......I lost 5 pounds the first week....awesome! But this last week I'm back up to my starting weight. i know that the first week you usually lose a lot and the second week slows down, but when does it pick back up again? I'm getting smaller in measurements and doing well with eating and exercise so I'm guessing it's muscle weight I'm gaining? I feel a lot healthier, but I'm someone who likes to see the numbers on the scale go down even though it's not the best reflection of your progress. :blushing: Anyone have any insight on this? I'm just feelin a little bummed. :ohwell:

123574.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So I started this 2 weeks ago......I lost 5 pounds the first week....awesome! But this last week I'm back up to my starting weight. i know that the first week you usually lose a lot and the second week slows down, but when does it pick back up again? I'm getting smaller in measurements and doing well with eating and exercise so I'm guessing it's muscle weight I'm gaining? I feel a lot healthier, but I'm someone who likes to see the numbers on the scale go down even though it's not the best reflection of your progress. :blushing: Anyone have any insight on this? I'm just feelin a little bummed. :ohwell:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    gaining 5 lbs of muscle in a week just doesn't happen. it is, however, likely that your flfuids are just fluctuating. I wouldn't worry, befor eyou know it you'll be losing pretty steadily, just be patient.:flowerforyou:
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. Losing weight takes time and dedication. If it was easy - everyone would be skinny! Just stay positive and continue with what you are doing. Check your sodium levels, drink lots of water, and try to get in exercise whenever you can (ie. take the stairs, walk the extra block, etc).
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you didn't gain it all in 2 weeks...it wouldnt be fair to lose it all in 2 weeks would it?

be patient,,,,hang in there...we all would like more speed at first but get into the whole lifestyle change,,,it is exciting and fun and requires patience...

good luck
    Dave:smile:
  • nades33
    nades33 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am going through the same thing and I am so frustrated I want to cry. none of my pants fit this week and I have been working out really hard and eating well....ARG

Hang in there...you have my support ;) I know we will start to loose again and we just need to be patient...but it seems cruel...
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    most of the people I train I tell them 3 months, some are faster some a little slower. I tell people don't become a slave to the scale, lose the scale numbers are in you head.
    have someone take a pic of you then every 2 weeks after a great workout take a new pic
  • wizabugga
    wizabugga Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! That's one thing i love about MFP! I'm really trying to be patient and work hard and reading everyone's comments really helps! :flowerforyou:

123574.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter